New Pike Record

Chris Plumb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Dave. No, I won't be posting there again. Two reasons, one perhaps more obvious than the other.

There are those who take great delight in turning even a sincere compliment into an arguement, and, quite honestly, I post for pleasure, not blood letting. I can do without the aggro.

Secondly, taking a back seat does have its advantages. A lot to be said for quietly getting on with it.

I have derived immense pleasure from my piking and I have been more than happy to share it with just about anyone, but it has been at a cost. I know that my fishing results have suffered because of it, but I always considered it worthwhile. Now I am beginning to wonder!

I love a good debate, entrenched opinion included. But sheer nastiness I can do without. At the end of the day information sharing is good, but it is generally nothing more than an opinion based on experiences. Good to share, but not worth argueing over!!

I didn't really expect you to start posting there again, Peter, I just thought I'd let you know that somebody likes you!

I quite understand why anyone would want avoid the place. :wallbash:

There is, indeed, a lot to be said for "quietly getting on with it". Probably why I 'quietly get on with' fishing for a barbel, chub, tench and things rather than pike these days...

Dave

dlstsig.png