Beach Shelters

Elton

LOL Ken and skippytheroo mirror some of the private conversations I've had recently about this. My sexuality has been questioned on a few occasions :o

I just like the idea of me and the mutt spending a few hours fishing without catching pneumonia :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to laugh at the post which said it must be easily moved to stay ahead of the tide, he obviously hasn't fished Cefyn Sidan, by the time you pitched it it would be time to move back again :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I had to laugh at the post which said it must be easily moved to stay ahead of the tide, he obviously hasn't fished Cefyn Sidan, by the time you pitched it it would be time to move back again :D:D

Fished it? Most of us can't even say it :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

• 2 weeks later...

Been stuck at home today, looking after my little girl, so I did some ringing round for frozen lug and a shelter.

Looks like I'll plump for the Ron Thompson one, due to the fact that the guy selling me it uses one and I could replace it a couple of times for the price of the only other viable alternative offered.

Be interesting to see what the worms are like, as everyone appears to be struggling right now :(

Ok its that time of year again, off to Lidls in the morning (from Thurs 23), Biking and fishing bonanza!! including a fishing shelter: see here http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060323.index

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I have had an original buddy' for about 15 years it has never let me down.

Sitting in a cold North easterly on Pakefield beach with cup of tea and the football on the tranny it's allowed me to fish on in comfort when the beach has empted of other anglers and helped me put another fish or two in the bucket.

The only other shelter" I would consider is the stead's beach brolly mainly because it packs away smaller than the buddy' and seems to stand up to the weather quite well.

My new bright red home has arrived, along with some frozen lug and squid. Just need to check the tides for next week and get out there :)

Okay, quick question (which will really highlight my numptiness)....

The short pole that comes separate and looks to slot in the hole of the clamp thing where the other poles meet - how do you actually attach it to the fabric?

I've looked at a load of sites, but they all have the same bog-standard catalogue picture.

I prefer a brolly and the beach master is excellent (if you can find one). Very similar to the Docwra beach brolly but made from heavier material. I dislike fishing under cover anyway but if I have to then I'd rather lug a brolly than shed loads of poles.I once saw a bloke with a light blue buddy, I thought it was a portaloo.

i purchased a ron thompson budget shelter and have had no problems (back in the days before my baby boy was born!!)

Hembo,

Could you tell me how the short loose pole attaches, please?

I see it came with tent pegs - do you bother with these, or do you weight it down with sand/tackle?

Cheers,

Elton