GB and the intelligent riddle

severus

George Bush meets with the Queen of England and asks her, "Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give to me?" "Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people." Bush frowns. "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea, then replies, "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle." She then pushes a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?" Blair walks into the room. "Yes, my Queen?" The Queen smiles. "Answer me this please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answers, "Well, your Majesty, that would be me." "Yes, Very good," says the Queen.

So Bush goes back home and asks Vice President Dick Cheney the same question. "Dick, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?" "I'm not sure," says Cheney, "let me get back to you on that one." Cheney goes to his Advisors and asks every one, but none can give him an answer. Finally, he winds up in the men's room and recognizes Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall. Cheney shouts, "Colin! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?" Powell yells back, "That's easy. It's me!" Cheney smiles and thanks him.

Then Cheney goes back to speak with Bush. "Say, Chief, I did some research and now have the answer to that riddle. It's Colin Powell." At this Bush rises, stomps over to Cheney and angrily shouts, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::roll1::bigemo_harabe_net-163::roll1:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Guest Jan V

Severus, you had me going for a minute there. I thought Bush was "GW". When I saw GB I was sure you were referring to Green Bay (Packers).

Severus, you had me going for a minute there. I thought Bush was "GW". When I saw GB I was sure you were referring to Green Bay (Packers).

You've been watching too much NFL, Jan. :P

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Guest Jan V
You've been watching too much NFL, Jan. :P

Nah, I'm from Milwaukee. I come by it honestly. I remember watching superbowls I and II