Lost a koi today.

argyll

Sorry to hear about you losing your fish, Argyll. A few years ago we lost most of the fish from the pond at my parents' old house while they were in temporary accommodation at my house. While I was away for the weekend a pipe blew off and drained the system of tanks I had set up. None of those fish were worth much financially, but we'd got attached to them.

I once had a pond drain for a similar reason and now ensure that the pump is on a shelf for that very reason. Lost some good fish that day :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I once had a pond drain for a similar reason and now ensure that the pump is on a shelf for that very reason. Lost some good fish that day :(

This was a temporary set-up using a number of big plastic coldwater expansion tanks and the filter media from the old pond. It was a real shame, we lost some good sized koi and some enormous orfe. Absolutely gutted at the time.