new float rod needed,suggestion ,please!

carpio2

Guest tigger
hi guys,i am looking for a resonable 13ft float rod,to cover lakes ,rivers and canals,general use,any ideas,cheers,col. <_<

A mate of mine has just got a Drennan series 7 match rod and he reckons it's a corcker. I think it cost him bout £70 and he says it looks and feels as good as £200 rods.

Maybe it's worth looking at one.

Tigger.

A mate of mine has just got a Drennan series 7 match rod and he reckons it's a corcker. I think it cost him bout £70 and he says it looks and feels as good as £200 rods.

Maybe it's worth looking at one.

Tigger.

thx tigger,appreciated,col.

try a shimano hyperloop 390fa excellent rods,i've had one for two years and its been great used it in matches and on the trent stickfloat fishing

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I bought a shimano (avion i think its called) rod and reel and used it today and its brilliant, especially the reel and both for only 48pounds!

OI OI

have a look at avanti in used tackle you could do a lot worse, myself i use abu garcia or ron thompson check em out.

:sun::sun::sun:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

If you shop around you may be able to find a Maver Reactorlite. They come in a standard and heavy action ( although both are light as a feather)and are absolutely fabulous. Both are at home with anything from dace to carp and have an action that goes through to the handle. There arent many left out there but it is possible to find them for about £99. An alternative would be one of the Preston Sentient range these too are fantastic rods.

If you shop around you may be able to find a Maver Reactorlite. They come in a standard and heavy action ( although both are light as a feather)and are absolutely fabulous. Both are at home with anything from dace to carp and have an action that goes through to the handle. There arent many left out there but it is possible to find them for about £99. An alternative would be one of the Preston Sentient range these too are fantastic rods.

cheers worm

Merlino Bill mentioned Used Tackle and their Avanti Activa Carbon Heavy Waggler rod. I have one and I use it all the time, it cost me £25 and for that money it takes some beating. Reviewed in AT last week along with some other rods, it got top marks and was recommended. Although AT reckons it will take 10lb line I use it with 3lb and 1.5 hook lengths and it copes with the tiniest roach and perch (like wot I catch lots of) as well as bigger stuff. If you are not too concerned about the label this is top value.