Plaice on the Banks

Zzippy

Well here is the photo proof that the Plaice are on the banks.

This one was taken off the Shambles just off Portland last week :)

So if they are there ,they should be in locations where Kayak fishermen can catch them :rolleyes:

post-6616-1142883512_thumb.jpg

zzippy2.gif

There here alright Zip :) Got a mate who had 4 off Cumbrian coast yesterday only about 400yds out!

I've trailed the 250 miles from Wales twice over winter (Cod) and hardly got her wet due to the weather , but I feel a trip coming on again!

Ok Prowler 13

Hiya Bill.

Yes its a lovelly site to see.Even better if it was me holding it :) I couldnt believe how bright the spots were.Usually this time of year they are thin and very dull.

Yaskalos.The land you can see in the background is Portland Bill.The Shambles are about 2 - 3 miles off Portland Bill and about 5 miles or more from Weymouth.The currents there are leathel,I wouldnt even attempt it in a Kayak.But you can get some good Charter boat trips from Weymouth.I think its about £30 per head for the day.

P.S...The pic is of a member from the Poole bay small boat club.

Edited by Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Foiled at the weekend - it was blowing a hooley. So no report from the Skeries I am afraid - but, as Zzippy has done the reconnaisance - if they are off Portland they must be getting onto the Skerries by now.

Once I am back from Denmark we must get at least a couple of decent days, surely. Spring tommorrow!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo