Talon Reel Clamp

John E Ashford

Talon Reel Clamp

I received the Mini Talon Reel Clamp this morning.

The reason for the Mini, I’ve got a Shakespeare Titanium K2 `M`, which has a small diameter butt section.

So before you could say *%%”!))7^%$$%^ I had to give it a try.

With a Mag Elite I was soon clamping the reel to the butt section, it was easy and well secured, like a vice.

These Talon Reel Clamps do look and feel the DBs.

I just can’t wait to get to the shore and give it a try.

Looking well engineered, if by my first reaction this proves to be as good as it looks I’ll soon be ordering the Standard Talon Reel Clamp to go on my Century G1.

What is your experiences with the Talon Reel Clamp.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Talon Reel Clamp

I received the Mini Talon Reel Clamp this morning.

How strange, I recieved mine this morning too, have to agree they look ok, mines for a K2 as well. Had a few swings in the garden this morning and like the trigger grip...how do you get on with the K2 incidently, I,ve only used mine once and am still evaluating, feels strange with the length (15') but also feels good

Hi zziplexboy.

I use a OTG style and achive a reasonable distance, I,m by all means not a great distance caster any way. :( Over the years I have improved my distance but that's just with the time I go fishing, I don't practice over grass/fields etc.

My very first cast with the K2 was, well not very graceful. I was not ready for that strange feeling of it's length. I went into the cast to quick and ended up not reaching 40yds. :headhurt:

So starting again I postioned myself with the rod, made myself aware of what I was about to do, as if I was learning all over again.

I then went into an OTG very much slower than the first cast, always awear of what I was doing. No rush just a slow methodical compression then punched the air with not over too much effort.

WOW it went like someone else had cast, this had put me into another league, where distance was called for.

I had real time to watch as the line n lead headed towards the horizon.

My mate, who was with me on the day, "the distance that went I thought you had a crack off".

It was the first time I had taken as much line off the spool of the Mag Elite, which I had newly loaded just the day before.

What would this combination be really like in the hands of a proficient caster.

Yes my distance casting has well improved, I maybe not the best but I'm getting distances farther that the average angler on the beach NOW. ;)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

I had much the same experience not helped by being surrounded and not wanting to make a pratt of myself but on one hit (almost the last0 I hit it right and as you say s-l-o-w-e-r, wow....now I cant wait to try again but as I,m in the process of moving house the opportunity is not there...at least if i want to live!!!. I,m so used to 12' rods its a big transition and although rock hopping may not suit it its great for the beaches and breakwaters. Just like you my 6500 mag uncovered line that had'nt seen the light of day since it was loaded! Look forward to hearing how you get on with it in future

Hello John,

The Talon,is a great piece of kit,

my hands are a bit arthritic owing to sport,the clamp has improved my grip alowing me a better purchase on the spool with my thumb, this in turn has improved my confidence and my distance has improved .

I will not return to coasters.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Glad you're getting on alright with it, and yeah, it does take getting used to. Great to hear that it's actually making you a better caster. :D

(In case you haven't matched my screenname to my email yet, i'm the bloke who mailed it your way :P )