Cocklers cocklers bloody cocklers

MorecambeBay

:mad: :mad:

Some of you might have read my previous snipes at cocklers, Re: them blocking the slipway that the lifeboat uses with trailers and vans.

Just the latest and i quote..

"COCKLERS ALERT"

"Morecambes lifeboat and hovercraft were yesterday (tues 16th Nov) called out to help 15 cocklers stuck on a broken down tractor.

Crews sped to the scene of the incident off the coast of Flookburgh, after being asked to help by the coastguard. On arrival they found the cocklers had managed to make it ashore safely and they returned to base"

May i also add that this is a weekly if not daily occurance...

No further comments your honour.

FISHING: (fish'ing), the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning, while freezing, sweating, swatting or swearing.

OAR: Clumsy wooden instrument used to moisten boat occupants.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did see on tv that a lot of the cocklers are chinese illegals seeking residence in the UK. One plonker (an mp or some such) sujested they be given amnesty as one American President did for wet backs in a state in the USA. The same plonker also sujested they be given there own union while they are working illegaly :mad:

The next time that you see vans etc blocking the slipway call the police, these people are putting others lives at risk and the transport should be towed away, check on the local bylaws so you can quote chapter and verse. If the police do nothing then hammer it in the press. Forward any more reports to the media, I know that I could make a great story from all of this and I am no writer.

My Sister was telling me about the amount of Portugese farm/agricultural workers that are working in her area, Boston Lincs, and I thought there were loads of brits unemployed in the UK :confused: :confused: Is the minimum wage less than what the DHSS pays out

Stay mad :mad: but be cool :cool:and a devil demon

Alan

:confused:

[ 20. November 2004, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Just a note re: call the police...

The story was printed in the local paper and the council were called, who came down, and did nothing!!!

As far as i know, absolutly nothing was done about it, despite the relevent authorities being aware!

FISHING: (fish'ing), the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning, while freezing, sweating, swatting or swearing.

MorecambeBay:

Just a note re: call the police...

Then contact the Imigration Authorities, the Police the DHSS, the Health and Safety and the COUNTY COUNCIL, bugger the local council :mad:

If you have the time go for the throat :mad:

Alan

To be honest, although there are some imigrants, alot of them are British, wont say from which part of Britain for fear of upsetting people.

Im not particually bothered where they are from, just dont see why RNLI should have to foot the bill for cocklers being unprepared, not understanding or having any respect for the tides, and having below par equipment!

Not to mention putting other peoples lives in danger should a real threat occur!

MorecambeBay:

Not to mention putting other peoples lives in danger should a real threat occur!

That was one of the points that I was trying to make. :)

As I said earlier, go for it if you feel that strongly about the situation :)

Alan (dinners ready)

Ever heard the saying two wrongs....

Believe me, nothing would pleasure me more...apart from a double cod this winter of course!!