Amazing what you can do with so little

Clifftop

Great stuff, real ingenuity and a natural idea of just how to make and shape those bits of scrap metal.

Den (looks a bit like my workshop some days :) )

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Think of the hours it must have taken to develop that skill but also how useful it is now. Amazing stuff.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Come on Fred, we old platers now how it works, it's the guy who made the templates that should get the credit. :D

A good example of how it used to be over here, before 'industrialisation', when each village had it's own smithy/handyman. I'd like to see who sharpened those chisels, and kept such a keen edge on them, after hitting that anvil.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

i remember just starting my apprenticeship, sharpening a chilsel and it got dragged down the gap.

Come on Fred, we old platers now how it works, it's the guy who made the templates that should get the credit. :D

A good example of how it used to be over here, before 'industrialisation', when each village had it's own smithy/handyman. I'd like to see who sharpened those chisels, and kept such a keen edge on them, after hitting that anvil.

John.

It took my thumb onto the wheel, off went skin and flesh.

I remember looking at it and it was just red. By the time i walked to the office and the first aid guy the blood had started.

He wrapped a bandage round and said go to hospital. As i was walking out the door he said walk, it's quicker that catching two buses.

At the ED they said come back tomorrow and bring an adult, we'll do a skin graft.. Happy days lol

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/