fishing in france

terry t shirt

I'm going on holiday to the vendee area of france at the end of may. Do any of you know

or have fished the area.? I'm not looking to catch carp just anything that swims , its more

of a family holiday with me packing my gear. Any advice would be appreciated .

ATB

Terry

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

I'm going on holiday to the vendee area of france at the end of may. Do any of you know

or have fished the area.? I'm not looking to catch carp just anything that swims , its more

of a family holiday with me packing my gear. Any advice would be appreciated .

ATB

Terry

Never fished the Vendee region Terry, but I have fished several times around the Limousin. The rules are complicated and whilst there are slight regional differences, they are more or less the same across France. This is a link to a most excellent Limousin fishing site (and forum) which explains the rules in detail. here Should be the same for the Vendee. I would urge you to read them carefully because compliance with fishing regs is taken seriously in France by the gendamerie and any slight mishap with paperwork could result in an extended stay in the Foreign Legion :rolleyes:

I got most of my info on the Limousin from friendly natives and ex pats on the various forums that exist for precisely that purpose, so those would be good places to make enquiries. Try Here for a start. I suspect you'll mostly come up with a lot of carp lakes but that part of the world should also be good for pike, perch, zander etc. The Creuse and Vienne rivers a long way east of the Vendee even has chub and barbel and contrary to popular opinion the french haven't yet eaten them all. Budgie should be along in a moment however, to confirm that the Germans have eaten all of the catfish in the Saone :headhurt:

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Budgie should be along in a moment however, to confirm that the Germans have eaten all of the catfish in the Saone :headhurt:

:lol: Didnt reply as Ive no idea where the area is! In all fairness though Gerry its not the Germans fault this time but the French authorities!

In general there is some great coarse fishing in France,often over looked because of the obsession with carp.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

:lol: Didnt reply as Ive no idea where the area is! In all fairness though Gerry its not the Germans fault this time but the French authorities!

In general there is some great coarse fishing in France,often over looked because of the obsession with carp.

Budgie, the Vendee is the bit just below Brittany....runs out to the Atlantic coast. Spot on about the carp though. Im pleased about that... the edible preds take less of a pounding.

Edited by argyll

thanks for the help . it looks a complete mine field just to cast a line over there

and bloomin expensive considering i might only fish 1 or 2 days

atb

terry

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

thanks for the help . it looks a complete mine field just to cast a line over there

and bloomin expensive considering i might only fish 1 or 2 days

atb

terry

Yep but once you get there you'll probably regret not taking your gear. About 23 quid for a 15 day licence and if you fish lakes not rivers you might just have a day ticket to pay for too. Here's the site of a guy who has fishing accommodation here

Not suggesting that you rent one of his cottages, but there's some basic coarse fishing info. that might help you make up your mind.