buzzer help

poacher76

can anyone recommend a team of buzzers to use on still water i have never caught anything on them and can u please tell me how to fish them properly,getting p***ed of every time i try to fish them,thanks again

hi mate

try a team of three gold head buzzers {like mine} you will not go wrong fish them very slowly or under an indicator. personally i hate buzzer fishing especially under an indicator its too much like boring coarse fishing.

cheers

gus

Had very little confidence in them until last autumn.Started catching on a black buzzer on the point and diawl bach on a dropper.Even had the confidence to fish them singly.Found letting them come around with the wind,just keeping a very slow retreive going-very slow,just enough to keep in touch with them-worked for me.Try black flexi floss or super glue buzzer.

To make fishing a team of buzzers easier wait until you have a bit of wind movment on the surface the ripple seems to impart a movment into the buzzers that makes them effective,let the wind move the team around in a nataural way or use a dead slow retrive, also give the team a chance to fall through the water layers and present properly this way you increase the chances of a fish on the drop , crynomids come in a vairiaty of colours so chop and change to try and match whats about as the shucks left in the water only give you an indication as to size not colour, a good all rounder as mentioned black flexifloss. I add a bit of red metalic sparkell to the thorax when I tie mine up seems to do the job.The thing you havent mentioned is the spacings and length of droppers that you are using. But the most important thing is have faith in your chosen method and stick with it for a while the first fish will be the one that convinces you as to the effectivness of the method.

Good luck matey

FB

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Most people fish Buzzers too quickly. The slower the better, for bite indication watch the line where it drops from the rod end into the water, the rod tip should be about 30cm off the water. A bite will show as a lift. Keep the retrive steady ( figure of eight ). If no joy, try the odd pluck and pull, but remember lure fishing this is not.

When the going get tough frustration can set in and the speed of retrive increases which is exactly the wrong thing to do. Just like fly casting, it go's wrong when more effort is used whereas the opposite is needed.

If the ripple is moving very quickly you would be advised to switch from a floating line to a very slow sinker.

Buzzers work very well, but don't forget Coves PTN ( good all round point fly ), and spiders ( black works best on most waters early season ). Gold heads do work well, but best kept to the point as the weight on upper droppers can be problematic.

After casting let things settle before retrival, if depth/ ripple allows you could give it a couple of mins ! Oh and keep an eye out for takes on the drop.

Bites can be very small, it's not a case of the fish hitting a lure, but rather sipping in a morsal.

Good luck.

Edited by Andrew Boyd

Andrew Boyd