Fishing Venues Near Nottingham

TrevBoy

Hi guys.

Just taken up fishing again after 20 years. I live in Nottingham. I know the close season has just started, but as I understand it, there may be some local waters which are still fishable: namely, canals (don't really appeal for some reason) and some still waters. Can anyone local tell me some nice ponds and lakes nearby that are still fishable - I can't wait until June to try the sport again!

Thanks

Trev

theres WOODHALL LAKES at bulwell see here and you might consider joining notts angler asc who have lots of ponds and lakes to fish & theres woolaton lake at woolaton hall and theres colwick lakes

Bingham Pits. Gunthorpe Tel: 0115 9560096

Bulwell Park Ponds

Day ticket water

Holme Pierrepont. Nottingham.

Tel: 0115 9821212

Iron Mongers Pond. Wilford, Nottingham. Contact Nottingham AC.

Iron Mongers Pond

Toll Bridge Victroia Embankment, Nottingham

DESCRIPTION

Nice sized lake. Lillies and reeds best areas for larger fish. Meat is a must.

FISH

Carp over 20lbs, tench to 8lbs, bream to double figures. Talk of a very large Eel that is a record for the U.K caught only once.

TACTICS

Margins and reeds for best results.

TICKETS

Notts AC or Day ticket on bank £3

CONTACT

Nottingham AC.

DAY TICKET

Available for this water

SEASON

This water is open all year

Peacock Pond

Tel: 0115 9663289.

West Lake

Contact 0115 9870785 for more details.

Colwick Lake Fishery

Colwick Lodge Dale side road, East Nottingham

Tel – 01159 870785

Bestwood Pond

Nottingham

See Local Tackle Shops.

Attenborough North

Long Lane Attenborough, Beeston

Tel: 01932 562633

Attenborough South Lakes

Long Eaton

Tel: 0115 396096

thers more localised ponds which you will have to ask at your local tackle shop about

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

and did i mention we're having a bit of a ge together at a fishery near derby ,if you have transport or a lift maybe arranged you would be very welcome to come its on sunday 9th april

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

theres WOODHALL LAKES at bulwell see here and you might consider joining notts angler asc who have lots of ponds and lakes to fish & theres woolaton lake at woolaton hall and theres colwick lakes

Bingham Pits. Gunthorpe Tel: 0115 9560096

Bulwell Park Ponds

Day ticket water

Holme Pierrepont. Nottingham.

Tel: 0115 9821212

Iron Mongers Pond. Wilford, Nottingham. Contact Nottingham AC.

Iron Mongers Pond

Toll Bridge Victroia Embankment, Nottingham

DESCRIPTION

Nice sized lake. Lillies and reeds best areas for larger fish. Meat is a must.

FISH

Carp over 20lbs, tench to 8lbs, bream to double figures. Talk of a very large Eel that is a record for the U.K caught only once.

TACTICS

Margins and reeds for best results.

TICKETS

Notts AC or Day ticket on bank £3

CONTACT

Nottingham AC.

DAY TICKET

Available for this water

SEASON

This water is open all year

Peacock Pond

Tel: 0115 9663289.

West Lake

Contact 0115 9870785 for more details.

Colwick Lake Fishery

Colwick Lodge Dale side road, East Nottingham

Tel – 01159 870785

Bestwood Pond

Nottingham

See Local Tackle Shops.

Attenborough North

Long Lane Attenborough, Beeston

Tel: 01932 562633

Attenborough South Lakes

Long Eaton

Tel: 0115 396096

thers more localised ponds which you will have to ask at your local tackle shop about

Oh, is that all?!? :)

Thanks for the info - I know the Iron Monger's ponds (actually they are marked on the map as the Ire Mongers Ponds). Will give 'em a try. I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully weather aint too bad this weekend.

Excuse the noob question but do lakes remain pretty dormant until the weather really warms up, in like May or June, or should they be good to fish now?

it wood depend on the fish in the ponds most have a mix that means theres usually something thats willing too have a go ,you might not get them in great numbers but still catch a few.we've had a mild winter so who knows.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TrevBoy

Would be interested to know how you get on at IronMongers at Wilford. It used to be a regular fish for us but we found after the big floods from the Trent a few years back it filled the pond and flooded back out into the Trent so fish were scarce at one point. Of course being in Australia now I don't know how it fishes today but would love to know how you get on, so please post and let us know.

Another good spot for the season on the Trent was actually near IronMongers between the 2 biggest trees on the Rugby pitch it always was a good swim for us catching many big Pike, Perch and Chub. Also Attenborough Gravel Pits were good too.

Kind regards

Karen

www.oz2uktackle.co.uk

Hi guys.

Just taken up fishing again after 20 years. I live in Nottingham. I know the close season has just started, but as I understand it, there may be some local waters which are still fishable: namely, canals (don't really appeal for some reason) and some still waters. Can anyone local tell me some nice ponds and lakes nearby that are still fishable - I can't wait until June to try the sport again!

Thanks

Trev

i fished up nottingham once at a venue called sherwood forest fishery. it consists of Four lakes. there is a total of 170 pegs. the river maun also runs along side it.

there is a lot of opens held on the pools and all are invited, you dopnt need to book a place you just turn up.

although i didnt get much luck in the contest i fished two members of my club came 1st and 2nd.

you can see about the pools on this website heres the page: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/sherwood.htm

84854438.png