Not quite a blank

musket

Hi all,

Martin(borderman) and I went out from the south hams this evening and before arriving I for one was full of enthusiasm.The forecast had predicted the wind dying to almost nothing :) However on our arrival it was obvious it hadn't read the same report :angry:

Still it was nice to be there and one of us even caught a fish :yeah:

post-6799-1144353641_thumb.jpg

A pair of prowlers

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

We left the wind in the mouth and ventured a little inland.Martin still had a baited spoon on from trying for a plaice out on the bar and caught... a little lesser spotted dogfish!something I never caught on a spoon over many years of using one in this area.Still it was a fish :lol:

post-6799-1144354948_thumb.jpg

I left before Martin so maybe he has something else to add????

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Great photos Musket.

Could almost be summer.

Trouble is it just makes me to get out to Wabarrow even more this weekend

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Great photos Musket.

Could almost be summer.

Trouble is it just makes me to get out to Wabarrow even more this weekend

Me too.

Mind you just read that there are plaice being caught off Southsea which is tempting.

Oh I don't know, so many marks so little time.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

We left the wind in the mouth and ventured a little inland.Martin still had a baited spoon on from trying for a plaice out on the bar and caught... a little lesser spotted dogfish!something I never caught on a spoon over many years of using one in this area.Still it was a fish :lol:

post-6799-1144354948_thumb.jpg

I left before Martin so maybe he has something else to add????

...still it was good to out in the glorious sun, filling the lungs with sea air etc etc. Who am I kidding? Without a decent fish or two it's a tad disappointing. I mean you go armed with the best bait Devon can supply, the weather guys give you the big thumbs up, work and family aren't going to impede, your kit is spot on, blah blah blah....and what happens!?!

Good little workout though.

..and no I didn't catch anything else after you left Musket. Well just the sensation in my hands ;) lol

Until the next time :thumbs:

Martin

Ps nice photos Jon. Caught me wearing my best cheesey grin.