Mounting a battery in the hull

Zzippy

http://nwsd.proboards4.com/index.cgi?board...read=1144772956how do you tell him it's c**p when all his mates have told him it's great!

It looks well made.Just the self Tapper idea I didnt like :headhurt:

I will be doing my anchor system next week if my Kayak is ok when I test it.

I pick it up Monday and will be out fishing on Tuesday.Just going to drift over Durly rock to see if any Bream are around.It will be just a bare Kayak with my old Crate on it for the one day.Just want to get the feel for it first b4 I start drilling :blink::)

zzippy2.gif

let us know how you get on at Durley Zzippy if the Bream are in it could be a possible next weekend.Where do you park/launch?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

let us know how you get on at Durley Zzippy if the Bream are in it could be a possible next weekend.Where do you park/launch?

You can either park in the Duley car park which is on the beach front.Or if you get there early you can offload in the car park then drive to the top of the cliff and walk back down the steps.In the summer it is expensive.So we always get there early and free park at the top :)

If you dont know the area that well ,I could probably get some directions for you.

Zzippy

P.s....The rock is only about 300 yards off the beach ;)

zzippy2.gif

http://nwsd.proboards4.com/index.cgi?board...read=1144772956how do you tell him it's c**p when all his mates have told him it's great!

You don,t tell him its c==p, you just point out the mistake of using self tappers, and the reason why. Its not about oneupmanship, its about helping each other out. I for one liked the system bar the cleat, the use of a cam cleat with nuts and bolts would of been much better. But to call someones work c==p is just not on. Please don,t do it.terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

You don,t tell him its c==p, you just point out the mistake of using self tappers, and the reason why. Its not about oneupmanship, its about helping each other out. I for one liked the system bar the cleat, the use of a cam cleat with nuts and bolts would of been much better. But to call someones work c==p is just not on. Please don,t do it.terry
Terry I couldn't even bring myself to point out the mistake as so many people had said what a good job it was without fear of being ridiculed.On the rest of the system I would say that passing the pulley line through two rigging line guides will probably make it stiff to operate and also by leaving the original rigging rope on just gives one more opportunity for a foul up, the pulleys are also unnecessarily large just my opinion nothing to do with one upmanship :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Richi, if it works for him then its not c==p. i am sorry just did not like the way you put things. The pullys look OK to me, its just the self tappers thats a bit wrong, nut I have seen these used on some US states and lets face it they have been up to this sort of thing a lot longer then us. Abet in better waters. I just think that we are all here to help each other not call things c==p. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)