KAYAK PICS

SeaDooDavid

Hi all going to add a few pics of how I fixed my transducer as someone asked me (think it was spuds?) and some general pics of my yak, which I kit lightly for fishing (may be of interest to MickForster)

I like to fish light and only take what I need for my trip, which are admittedly never too far!!! :rolleyes:

There is a red kelp bed less than a mile out from my local spot and I manage to pull some nice cod from it, real rod benders (will get some pics next trip) only done this from a small boat so far but cant see why the yak should not perform the same :lol:

Will add the pics in the next few posts so to get the best resolution I can from the pics (not too good with this new upload jobby, or lack of it :lol::lol::lol: )

SDD :sun:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many thanks for taking the time to post this thread SDD. I enjoy looking at all rigging pics and yours were of particular interest to me as I'll be joining the Scupper Pro crew soon.

Pleasure mate, hope you enjoy your new yak when she arrives :)

SDD :sun:

Nice 1 mate :thumbs:

It made me laugh to myself seeing how close your fishfinder was to yourself.I thought"I bet he spends most of the time playing with the F/F instead of fishing"

I know I did when I had the F/F on my Caper :D .

zzippy2.gif

Yeah - but look how good the Scupper Pro is - you can even carry a jetski on the back!!

Nice rigging pics SDD - I am not sure about using just silicone to glue the TX down with. I plan to find a piece of plumbing that will stick in place with Sikaflex 221 - the same as I have used on the Dorado for the TX mount (pics of rig so far can be seen on the Kayak FishingUK pages), then fill the tube with babyoil/vaseline/water (not made up my mind yet!) and sit the TX in that. At least then it is transferrable and you can take the TX out for transport and storage. Otherwise you are carrying a fair bit of extra weight.

If your TX is permenantly mounted, be sure to protect the open end of the cable when you put the kayak away - moisture in the plug will soon have the thing losing its conductivity. A quick squirt with an electrical protection spray, WD40, or a wipe with vaseline will help protect it, but then put a poly bag over it and seal it with a rubber band or one of those freezer wire ties. This will keep the moisture out of the plug contacts. If you can find one, a bag of silica gel - like you get in the box of ANY new electrical device - to re-activate the silica gel, just put the bag in the oven for a few minutes (no, the microwave will not do, but the airing cupboard will) then seal that into the bag as tightly as you can. Any moisture in the air that gets in will be taken up by the silica gel.

I save my satchets for just this purpose - for keeping things dry in storage. If you go to a TV shop you can often get loads just for the asking - they chuck them out with the packaging.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo