cumbrian kayakers

dingle

Hi folks,

Just a wondering if there is anyone here from west cumbria that would fancy joining me for a fishing trip either lake or sea in the not to distant future. Rather than being on me tod its probably a tad safer going with others..Plus theres the crack too!! Anyway let me know what you think and there could be a get togther in the offing.. :P

I was on ullswater at the weekend and got chating to a chap trolling from a canadian canoe who says he caught a salmon on sturday morning....I didn't realise they ran through there but that would be pretty fine sport from the yak!!

As for fishing the lakes the Environment Agency site has the info on free (with license) waters. Will be trying thirlmere soon as there is a little campsite about 1/2 mile from the lake. Looks like it could yeild some decent fish plus it might be good to try and fing the sunken village.. :blink:

dingle :P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Dingle ,

i'm a st bees lad now living in mid wales. I get back about 4 times a year to see the oldies , watch the RL , and of course fish. Theres talk of a meet in the near future in your neck of the woods so watch this space!!

Ok Prowler 13

Aiming to go plaice bashing on Saturday 29 April - on my way through to Oban for the skate trip....

just the one day, will then kip in the car/tent for the night and finish the drive to Oban on Sunday morning.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Dingle :)

Whats the crack????

I live in Cumbria (Eskmeals just South of Ravenglas Estuary) and oft head out on the shore in front of Eskmeals range area (I know a good Cod spot!!!)

Give us a shout if you fancy a bit of a paddle / fish mate, would be glad of the company!!! :)

Like the sound of the sunken village, sounds like good fishfinder playing time :yeah:

I was on Waswater on Saturday, shame I didn't read this message earlier, it was a great paddle (rough in parts though!) and found a bit 250th is deeeeeeeep!!

All the best mate

SDD (Dave)

Hi Dingle :)

Whats the crack????

I live in Cumbria (Eskmeals just South of Ravenglas Estuary) and oft head out on the shore in front of Eskmeals range area (I know a good Cod spot!!!)

Give us a shout if you fancy a bit of a paddle / fish mate, would be glad of the company!!! :)

Like the sound of the sunken village, sounds like good fishfinder playing time :yeah:

I was on Waswater on Saturday, shame I didn't read this message earlier, it was a great paddle (rough in parts though!) and found a bit 250th is deeeeeeeep!!

All the best mate

SDD (Dave)

That should av been 250ft deep~~~~~~~~dohhhhh :doh:

SDD - are you going to come plaice bashing next Saturday too?

Neil is the co-ordinator (see his plaice report earlier), he has the mark. We are going to give it a go as I am driving through to do this Skate thing around Oban somewhere. Spanner is the co-ordinator/leader of that one.

Somewhere between Maryport and Silloth.....so only a 25 minute drive for you!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

SDD - are you going to come plaice bashing next Saturday too?

Neil is the co-ordinator (see his plaice report earlier), he has the mark. We are going to give it a go as I am driving through to do this Skate thing around Oban somewhere. Spanner is the co-ordinator/leader of that one.

Somewhere between Maryport and Silloth.....so only a 25 minute drive for you!

Might be an early start that one Simon, It's a big tide and LW is around 8am. It would be ideal if we were on the water for 8.30 ish. :fishing: It fishes throughout the flood but at it's best for the first three hours.If the weather is kind you will have had your fill by lunch time.

Fingers crossed......... :victory:

Neil.

Very early start for me then - 4 hours drive with kayak on roof, even at that time of day!

I might even set off Friday PM then. See how I get on.

Just a mo - had a brain wave. Skate thing is only Monday & Tuesday, part Weds. I could drive up for an early Sunday start if that is convenient?

Edited by Simon Everett

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo