Hijack This.

Cranfield

Following on from Dan's "Weird Software" thread, I did a "Hijack This" scan and had it analysed.

This entry was the only anomaly.

"O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A25ADD3A-6FDA-424D-AE36-76D12C358F3B}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94

Possibly nasty If this Domain does not belong to your ISP, or your firms network, these entries should be fixed. 'SearchList' entries should be fixed too.

Do you know the IP or Domain '195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94'? If not, fix this entry. "

I ticked the box for Hijack This to "fix" the entry and then ran the scan again and it was gone.

However, when I rebooted my PC this evening and ran the scan (out of curiosity) , it was back.

Does anyone know what it is and how I get rid of it ?

Short, simple words would be appreciated. ;)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I have found out (by having to reinstall my modem and recreate my ISP accounts :rolleyes: ), that this is the link to Wanadoo.

Should not have deleted it. :(

The moral of this story is;

"Delete in haste, reinstall at great inconvenience, time absorption and probably some financial cost". :angry:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I have found out (by having to reinstall my modem and recreate my ISP accounts :rolleyes: ), that this is the link to Wanadoo.

Should not have deleted it. :(

The moral of this story is;

"Delete in haste, reinstall at great inconvenience, time absorption and probably some financial cost". :angry:

I was looking at my list of possible worries and wondering if any were worth worrying about! I dont think mine are, half of them are HP progs and as I have an HP comp I recon they can prob stay there!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

HJT results need an expert to look them over in some cases. Too easy to miss bad stuff or to deltet good stuff.

When I was regularly checking them on a security forum where folks would post theirs, it wasn't uncommon for me to need 30-45 minutes to verify all that was there and I still had to pass some results along to real experts for a 2nd opinion.

Also note that some of the more clever infections can hide from HJT.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President