Scupper Pro?

mickforster

Hello,

Im starting to really look at the Scupper (vs prowler 15) as its easier to paddle through the water, but I was just wondering how easy fish in and would there be enough room for a tent, sleeping bag and few other bits and bobs.

Mick

Growing Older is inevitable, Growing up is Optional

Hello,

Im starting to really look at the Scupper (vs prowler 15) as its easier to paddle through the water, but I was just wondering how easy fish in and would there be enough room for a tent, sleeping bag and few other bits and bobs.

Mick

Both are great. If you are a tackle tart then the P15 will hold more in the crate but the forward hatch on the scupper is huge and designed specifically for touring (thats its pedigree). So you can fit the kids in as well (only joking). You can sit side saddle on the P15 for longer but the normal seating position on the Scupper is superior and I never feel the need for side saddle. Fitting out the SCupper is a dream on the angler version as they have a totally flat centre console designed specifically for your electrics etc.

When I get home I will dig out some photos of my seating area rigged. :thumbs:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

:lol: )

Both are great. If you are a tackle tart then the P15 will hold more in the crate but the forward hatch on the scupper is huge and designed specifically for touring (thats its pedigree). So you can fit the kids in as well (only joking). You can sit side saddle on the P15 for longer but the normal seating position on the Scupper is superior and I never feel the need for side saddle. Fitting out the SCupper is a dream on the angler version as they have a totally flat centre console designed specifically for your electrics etc.

When I get home I will dig out some photos of my seating area rigged. :thumbs:

Hi Mick, I adore my Sucpper proTW it does everything I want which includes touring (Darnsarf is right the front hatch is HUGE and I fit my tent, sleeping bag, gear galore etc etc). It handles big waves like a pro and gets a fair lick on due to its narrower beam. I used to have a touring sit in side yak made by perception and it keeps up with my mate who still has one!. The 14'9"yak turns very well for its size I think and I use a wide powerful sweep turning a yak and it copes fine!!.

All the modern yaks are superb these days and I suppose it comes down to personal choice really. I went for the scupper because I wanted touring first fishing second (forgive me guys :oops: ) but I like to cover a lot of ground sometimes and after trying my preferred 2 yaks (scupper and P15) the scupper just got it for extra speed / handling (for me anyway) Everyone here will defend the virtues of their own yak and that is just a testament to how good ALL these new yaks are!!. A good company like BournmouthCanoes helps as it is nice to know that they will back you if you decide you dont like one particular model etc (assuming you haven't chopped it to bits first :lol: )

If you can get down / up to Cumbria you are more than welcome for a paddle in my scupper mate :):)

Whatever you choose I am sure you will love it!. I am well and truly hooked on kayaking / fishing now!

All the best~~~~~~~~~~SDD :sun:

Hi Mick

Can't add much to whats been said. I picked up my Scupper Pro today.

Here is a pic of the front loaded with an almost full 30litre Ortleib Waterproof Rackpack (which has my tent, tent footprint and sleeping mat). As you can see there is loads of space left!

I think Simon Everett mentioned that he gets his 100 litre dry bag in the front hatch.

fronthatch.jpg

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Mick

Can't add much to whats been said. I picked up my Scupper Pro today.

Here is a pic of the front loaded with an almost full 30litre Ortleib Waterproof Rackpack (which has my tent, tent footprint and sleeping mat). As you can see there is loads of space left!

I think Simon Everett mentioned that he gets his 100 litre dry bag in the front hatch.

fronthatch.jpg

Does this mean you'll be meeting the intrepid duo tomorrow S?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

post-6918-1145650300_thumb.jpg

Some pics of the SPTW centre console and hatch etc.

Teh pic is taken from a 5'8" guys eye level. The compass area is actually meant for a Scotty rod holder but I like the front of the boat as clean as possible. The Fishfinder/GPS unit is closer than most would have due to owner being a short ar.e.

Edited by darnsarf

post-6918-1145650300_thumb.jpg

Some pics of the SPTW centre console and hatch etc.

Teh pic is taken from a 5'8" guys eye level. The compass area is actually meant for a Scotty rod holder but I like the front of the boat as clean as possible. The Fishfinder/GPS unit is closer than most would have due to owner being a short ar.e.

Speciman great news. Try to fit some seat scupper plugs if you can. Good luck for the maiden.

Edited by darnsarf

Speciman great news. Try to fit some seat scupper plugs if you can. Good luck for the maiden.

I bought some proper scupper plugs (yellow soft rubber hollow jobbies) and I don't like em, they poke out of the bottom a lot and get in the way of my feet (my feet sit in the rests where the scuppers are!!) so I have ordered some of them squidgy golf ball jobbies to give em a try!. Will post my thoughts on em when they arrive!

Speciman, Bon Voyage :):) enjoy :sun:

SDD :sun: