The Devon chapter-?venue-SundayApril 30th

musket

Hi All,

We,ve got a date now so let's have some ideas re: venue.(and who is available)

Salcombe again? or somewhere new.

Scenery is nice but this time it's for real and we need fish

Tides are big with high water around 20:30.Could be good,early crew fish the morning high tide then midday the flooding tide to high water.

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Jon count me in, what time are you thinking of starting, also will you be leaving from the south, or north side, terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Terry,

Glad you can make it.

If we decide on Salcombe then it will have to be parking at North sands as the road along south sands now has double yellows everywhere.Although there is a car park by the hotel which I think says residents only-might be worth enquiring as it is a high tide and would be easier landing.

Still open to other venues..Hallsands area?

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Musket, commendations for your enthusiasm this meet is sounding like a tremendous success already, thank you for your valued involvement :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Cheers Richi,

Let's hope the weather is kind to us.

What do you think(and others of course) the aim of the comp should be ?:

1:biggest/heaviest fish

2:species hunt

3:specimen weight

Jon

Edited by musket

Jon, I just hope I catch a fish :):) . tell me the fixed place and time etc nearer the time, terry

Cheers Richi,

Let's hope the weather is kind to us.

What do you think(and others of course) the aim of the comp should be ?:

1:biggest/heaviest fish

2:species hunt

3:specimen weight

Jon

I think all of the above would be a great idea as separate category winners---the species part could be the team event with the other 2 individual categories-anyone else got some brilliant ideas like Musket please feel free to add them :clap:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi Jon , Terry,

Just a suggestion I think Salcombe or Dartmouth for sheltered fishing , Hallsands in between the two if the weathers going to be kind for us.

Salcombe or Dartmouth , no Bass to be weighed in . What do ya recon?

Should have my 140 fitted by then. :yeah:

Chuggs

Edited by chuggs

Chuggs, why not just go for pics of the fish taken, they can all be returned alive and well after. terry

Hi All

Will post a full report later but fished Salcombe today, launched from South Sands, the car park behind the beach has plenty of room especially if you get there early.

Cost is £5.25 all day. However, there was no-one there when I got there 0600 and no-one when I left, I put a sign in the window saying 'happy to pay on my return'.

Good session - with fish see my report post later.

Nick