Off to Cuba on Wednesday

Tony U

Well, I will be off on Wednesday morning and I can not wait given the dreary wet weather we have in London and the South east today.

I am taking 8# and 12# fly rods and reels with floating and intermediate lines along with flies for Barracuda, Tarpon, Bonefish and Permit, (though I reckon I will be lucky to even see the latter). Two Bait-casting rods with multipliers, one medium and one heavy, the reels are loaded with twenty and forty pound braid respectively and finally I am taking some 20lb class boat gear: a Shimano Exage trolling rod and a Mitchell lever drag reel, loaded with 20lb mono spider hitched to a 50lb leader and 100lb rubbing trace.

I am taking a big selection of lures mainly surface poppers and shallow divers for the flats and mangroves, but I have included a few deep diving trolling lures and some big soft plastic swim baits. I am also taking along a selection of hooks to wire circle hooks etc.

Sue, is taking a 10ft medium spinning rod and reel and a 7ft light spinning rod and reel and we my even have enough room left for some clothes.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

er,

Do you really want to do that Tony?

Remember the Medway Mullet should start feeding any day now! :)

Really

:lol::lol::lol:

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

In Gillingham marina, the water was high 12 degrees on saturday

Matt

12 degrees C!!! In Cuba the water temperature is between 22 and 25, they get their mullet around December when the water is a positively chilly 18-20 degrees.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

Enjoy the holiday Tony. I hope those needlefish lures do the trick for you :)

Looking forward to your catch reports mate :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hope you enjoy a mojito or six :drunk:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks everybody,

I will have a drink or two for AN when I am out there if i catch anything at all I will post the pictures when I get back with a full report.

Best of luck to all of you going to the Wingham fish in I wish i was able to do both like last year.

Finally to Newt and Jan have a wonderful time in Merry England and Scotland (if you are up there) I am sure the fishing and the weather will be wonderful.

Tony

Tony