Kayak requirred

kelvindavies11

hi,

I have just solt my gemini perciption tandom kayak for £400 and im now on the look out for two single seater kayak. I like the look on the frenzes. Im looking at paying about £450 max for both, i know this is not a lot but anyone got any ideas whgere to get a pair from. Thanks,

kelvin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sit-on-kayak-x-t-285...1QQcmdZViewItem

£450 for two - you never know!! This guy has two yaks bought last summer and the total bids are currently running some way less than this. Only 7 hours left!!!!

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sit-on-kayak-x-t-285...1QQcmdZViewItem

£450 for two - you never know!! This guy has two yaks bought last summer and the total bids are currently running some way less than this. Only 7 hours left!!!!

thanks for the link i did see it, are the kayaks any good, one of them is for the girl friend and i was wondering would it be to heavy for her to paddle???

thanks,

kelvin

Here is a link http://www.stormkayaks.co.uk/html/sit_on_top.html

20kg (44lbs) ,80cm (31.5") in the beam and 2.85M (9ft 4ins long). It's not heavy but relatively wide and short and therefore you are not going to want to paddle for miles at a time but it's going to be manouverable and fun in the surf zone and guarenteed to be better than not having a yak by an infinite margin. Seems like quite good value to me. I hired an RTM Mambo in Devon last year as the kids were hogging the Prowler and on paper that has a similar spec to these, it was very stable and easy to turn but the glide was virtually non existent, quite high (lots of freeboard) and thus no doubt readily catches the wind causing drag or drift. If you could get them for circa £200 each you should be able to readily re-sell if you changed your mind in the Summer. This is the 'non-techi' response; you may get a 'qualified report' shortly...I hope that this is food for thought in the interim period.

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Here is a link http://www.stormkayaks.co.uk/html/sit_on_top.html

20kg (44lbs) ,80cm (31.5") in the beam and 2.85M (9ft 4ins long). It's not heavy but relatively wide and short and therefore you are not going to want to paddle for miles at a time but it's going to be manouverable and fun in the surf zone and guarenteed to be better than not having a yak by an infinite margin. Seems like quite good value to me. I hired an RTM Mambo in Devon last year as the kids were hogging the Prowler and on paper that has a similar spec to these, it was very stable and easy to turn but the glide was virtually non existent, quite high (lots of freeboard) and thus no doubt readily catches the wind causing drag or drift. If you could get them for circa £200 each you should be able to readily re-sell if you changed your mind in the Summer. This is the 'non-techi' response; you may get a 'qualified report' shortly...I hope that this is food for thought in the interim period.

thanks for the response the thing is if i travel from wales to devon to pick them up then its adding another £40 on petrol but then that still only 220 per kayak and thats got to be cheap???

thanks anyway.

kelvin

I ended up buying SIT ON PELICAN VIPER KAYAKS for £500 with back rests paddles and roof straps, so not a bad deal, or and they are only 6 months old(look brand new), so know im think do i sell them on or keep them, what do youy lot recon???

kelvin

I ended up buying SIT ON PELICAN VIPER KAYAKS for £500 with back rests paddles and roof straps, so not a bad deal, or and they are only 6 months old(look brand new), so know im think do i sell them on or keep them, what do youy lot recon???

kelvin

Is this guy real????? :crazy:

what u mean is that pricey for 2 kayaks with paddles and back rest and boyacy aids?????

kelvin

Sorry mate, no offence, just meant that you seem unsure whether you want to kayak fish or trade??

It's easy really, you buy a yak, fit it out to suit you, get out, fish!

Simple :lol:

Good luck with what ever you do :):)

SDD ~~~~~~~ :sun:

Sorry mate, no offence, just meant that you seem unsure whether you want to kayak fish or trade??

It's easy really, you buy a yak, fit it out to suit you, get out, fish!

Simple :lol:

Good luck with what ever you do :):)

SDD ~~~~~~~ :sun:

you are right i am slightly unsure. The reason im unsure is because i havent tryed the kayak out yet and was wondering mainly if anyone else has tryed that type of kayak.

no offence taken anyway.

thanks,

kelvin