PC or not PC

DavyR

I understand people's frustrations only too well....

We had to tender for two contracts with a customer who is responsible for 20% of our business. A guy had recently been manoeuvring himself to get a position as my boss. He was personally responsible for the day-to-day servicing of the account for which we were tendering, so you'd have thought - as did the directors of the company- that he'd have had an intimate interest in these tenders.

He sat on the tender documents for 6 weks leaving only 5 days to complete a technical questionnaire, a technical questionnaire and price up 193 items on one tender and 178 on the other.

Why? Because he didn't know where to start or what to do, and realised that by admitting it, he was incapable of being my boss.

Who completed the tenders? me. Is it a part of my brief.... not exactly, my input was limited to sourcing tenders and returning expressions of interest. It isn't now. Whether we won the tenders due to the quality of the response or because we were the incumbent supplier, I don't know, but I am now responsible for al tender responses, with no extra salary or incentive to do so.

I am not a happy bunny.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nursejudy, just a quicky - Would you do all the training you did, and are doing, for the same weekly wage as a navvy, with no hope of promotion or increases in pay?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Nursejudy, just a quicky - Would you do all the training you did, and are doing, for the same weekly wage as a navvy, with no hope of promotion or increases in pay?

Mr Matthew appears to have left this particular thread, but if I recall correctly, he was advocating that wages for a labourer and say, a surgeon, should be averaged out so that the labourer earned more and the surgeon less (not that the surgeon should earn the same wage that a labourer currently receives).

A number of ethically-run companies, for example, operate a voluntary system whereby the highest paid people are paid no more than 10 times the amount of the lowest paid.

Before anyone else points this out, if everyone did earn the same (and I'm not advocating this), some people would still waste it and others would make good use of it. But the argument for the continuance of a welfare state might be seriously undermined. Good thing or not?

Kleinboet not sure how much they earn,so cannot comment

my salary is not that great,and yes we get extra responsibilities thrust on us,expected to have to learn new skills all the time with no reward...except satisfation.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Mr Matthew wrote:

I've done factory work and manual labour, I've done professional work... on makes your back ache the other your head and they both don't pay enough for me to be able to pay the mortgage without sending the wife to work as well...

I am privelledged compared to 98% of the world's population including a lot of assylum seekers... in this context I guess I meant rich, but again that's subjective...

Let's just say I'd be happy if the Navvy, the lawyer, the doctor and the secretary all earned about the same...!

DavyR - That's not how it came over.

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription