stripers in the uk?

stavey

Introducing non native species is very dodgy ground indeed.

They would compete against native species and more than likely help to the down fall. Just look at Mink, N American Crayfish etc etc

I have heard though in artificial ponds that Black Bass have been introduced in France. Now that would be good as long as they could never get in to the ecosystem.

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stripers have a habit of colonising freshwater habitats.

I don't think that they would be welcomed by the EA, fighting a tide of alien species, many introduced by anglers and always to the detriment of our sometimes unique wildlife and ecologies.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

remember what they said about zander? didnt happen did it, now its reckonised as native and fished for by specimen abglers oh, and catfish what about them i think there is a few of them here now to.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Nice one Stavey, you know how to catch my attention, just mention strippers :D

Seriously though, by the time you get to introduce them all the Bass and Cod will be gone via the netters and pair trawlers so competition between our native species will not come into it :mad:

Alan

[ 10. January 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/