Sony Walkman.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Come on a bit ain't they?

I remember wishing I had the money to buy a Sony Walkman cassette player. :(

Well anyhow treated myself to a Walkman MP3 player today with a 6gig hard drive.

Just putting some track/albums on to it now.

Didn't realise I've got nearly 7,000 tracks to choose from on my laptop. :blink::blink:

Anyone else use a MP3 player?

Edited by Ferret1959

Guest Jan V

Yep, bought me a Creative Zen Touch with a 20G drive for our trip (actually a Valentine's present from Newt). Stripped tons of CD's and got room to spare. Used it last weekend when we lost power for a couple hours and absolutely love it. If Sandtiger reads this - thanks for suggesting it.

I also have a Sony Walkman and a Sony Discman, but this beats them hands down. No cassettes or CD's to lose or destroy.

Edited by Jan V

When Sony Walkman's first came out, my mum worked for a company that supplied them and bought me one. I was the envy of all the kids at school.

A year or so later, they'd shrunk and my latest one broke, so I dug out the original (which was still working) and took it to school. All my mates laughed at how big it was and I had to remind them that they'd never seen one before I'd shown them that very one :)

I saw one of those iPod things yesterday. I use hooks bigger than that!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Jan V
When Sony Walkman's first came out, my mum worked for a company that supplied them and bought me one. I was the envy of all the kids at school.

A year or so later, they'd shrunk and my latest one broke, so I dug out the original (which was still working) and took it to school. All my mates laughed at how big it was and I had to remind them that they'd never seen one before I'd shown them that very one :)

I saw one of those iPod things yesterday. I use hooks bigger than that!

They can be real small, indeed. Creative Labs makes a micro version that would be lost in Newt's hand. Mine is a tad thicker. When we're there, I'll let you check it out. I'll probably be listening to it on the trip to the Midlands. The battery lasts a good 13 hours so will be great for the flight over. (Anything to tune Newt out - :P )

Been using the Creative machine for almost two years now with no real problems.

It won the battle over the iPod because although it's a little more bulky, the battery lasted 24 hours instead of the iPod's 7, sound quality is marginally better than the iPod's, it's flexible enough to play WMA files which the iPod isn't and it was a little cheaper than the iPod.

My machine has now been out travelling with me three times and is used almost daily in the UK. The only problems I've had are one crash that was resolved by hitting the reset button, The software for loading music is a bit clunky and the battery doesn't manage that magical 24 hours anymore - but it'll still manage 12 - 15.

All in all, a quality bit of kit.

It'll certanly do me untill the flash players get up to about 10 Gig - and then it'll be time to go solid state.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Jan V
Been using the Creative machine for almost two years now with no real problems.

The software for loading music is a bit clunky...

I gave up on Creative Lab's software to load up the music. At Jeepster's advice I too used WMA files. I finally used Media Player 10, which I had also used to rip my CD's, and the files/songs loaded like a charm.

Jan.

You must have a model with updated firmware. I'm stuck with using Creatives software and can't upload music using the Sync function in WMP.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Jan V

Yep, just got the Creative Zen Touch in February. Nice unit. Buttons too small for Newts fingers but does real good by me. After 17 hours on the plane the next couple weeks I'll know lots more.

I saw an ad where you can view your pictures on these machines...if on holiday could you download your memory card on to it or is it only from your computer....and are they easy to use....I want to buy an mp3 player or suchlike soon.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)