Ireland 06

chuggs

Hi guys

Do any of you fancy a Bass /Pollack trip south west Ireland at the end of the summer.?{ Clonakilty area}

This stretch of coast has huge Yak potential, with deep water marks within 20 yards of the cliffs.

Clonakilty is only 30 mins from the ferry port in Cork,add to that the Guinness factor and it could make for a good trip .

Having fished there several times from the shore with a good success rate ,I feel it's time to get afloat ,wet a paddle and get to those inaccessible fish holding marks.

If anyone is interested let me know.

chuggs.

Edited by chuggs

Hi guys

Do any of you fancy a Bass /Pollack trip south west Ireland at the end of the summer.?{ Clonakillty area}

This stretch of coast has huge Yak potential, with deep water marks within 20 yards of the cliffs.

Clonakillty is only 30 mins from the ferry port in Cork,add to that the Guinness factor and it could make for a good trip .

Having fished there several times from the shore with a good success rate ,I feel it's time to get afloat ,wet a paddle and get to those inaccessible fish holding marks.

If anyone is interested let me know.

chuggs.

Shame I can't make this chuggs it is a fantastic fishing area, I had a weeks fishing holiday there a long time ago but what a week!

Mainly Pollack fishing with redgills, had them up to 11lb from shore :thumbs:

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg

Hi Bill,

Good question ,that's assuming we have a summer to get to the end of. :rolleyes: ,

anytime from September to November Bass fishing can be at it's best. Just need to pick a date .

As yakerbass says , some good doubles to be had , Bass and Pollack.

It's no good keeping that new fly rod all rapped up Bill, you have got to use it sometime :P

I seem to recall you saying that you were off to the sun at the end of the year?

Hi Chuggs,

we are going to stay with my brother - Leap, just west of Clonakilty and about 5 miles (Irish miles!) from Glandore - first week of August has been suggested.

However, i could be tempted to go back later in the year as I have a friend who is head gamekeeper on an estate at Youghal - excellent fishing along that stretch too.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Laurence.

Know what you mean.....not the best of starts to the Summer <_<.

Yep, we are away later in the year, we get back 2nd week in Sept.

So middle to end of Oct would be the only window we have ?

Going to Dublin end of June, so could Recce the area then, if I can get passed Lorraine :D

If I manage it, Ill give you a full sitrep of the fishing.

The wraps are off the rod, my flies are open, and Im ready to sink one in :D ......leader me to the sea, I may just tippet over the edge :blink:

Are loud shirts on the kit lists ?? :whistling:

Bill :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Sounds interesting, I am in Austria the first 2 week's in September so if it's after that then I might be up for it.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

A few beers on the Swansea-Cork ferry followed by the prospect of catching a good number of decent sized bass and pollack (and mullet on the fly) in a relatively unspoilt environment and sparsely populated country and chill out big-time (even if the weather is cxap);

Sounds like Hell to me; but it's my shout if you're on the outward boat on the 9th July!

Would love to join you Chuggs, but that may be a 'bridge too far'.

Great idea and it should be a huge success.

Good Luck

Jules

Edited by Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)