PLAICE TRIP REPORT

Simon Everett

You might remember that Neil invited me up to his special plaice spot in the hills to try and break my lifelong plaice duck. Well, I went and we all caught fish too - not all plaice. There were dabs, plaice, flounder, codling, whiting and something else that I have forgotten!

Here are some pics from the trip where five of us went out across a huge expanse of sand at low water to fish the tide up. We started in 4 feet of water and by getting on for the top of the tide it had risen to 19 feet!

Only these pictures of us trying for skate - which is where I went after the plaice bash. Sorry about the cock up - you'll have to wait a bit and I'll add the plaice pics when I have resized the right lot!!

Now don't you start pointing fingers, I have only got this picture thing unsussed tonight.

Just gimme a break will ya!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

They're coming - they're coming. Give me a chance. Can't a fellow have the odd noggin now and again?!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

OK - they're NOT coming - because they are too big. That is AFTER I have down sized them to 72 dpi at the highest compression I can with my software....the sailing pictures were out of my Nikons, and the Nikon software allows you to choose dimensions and ppi and compression. The canon software just gives you compression options. Going to have to go back and look at it again - each pic is 1.4mb, that is why these won't load. Sorry!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Finally I think I have cracked it!

Lets try again. Here are three of the others about to depart for distant waters teeming with plaice..

post-6164-1148256905_thumb.jpg

Hey hey - we're back in business!

post-6164-1148256943_thumb.jpg

Neil with the first flatfish of the day - a dab.

try again

nope it won't have it and they are only 80 kb. Don't know what has gone wrong - Elton. What is the trouble now. Just when I thought I had it sussed.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

simon, looks like you had a great day and the weather looked fine to, lucky you, its been like winter in exmouth , also whos on the blue yak in the background ???

looks the place to be, terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Simon

Well looks like some are able to find some calm seas. We've had 40ft waves off Rame Head (no joking), the Plymouth - Santander ferry was hit by a rogue 60 footer broke windows and injured several passenges off the French coast!

Nick

simon, looks like you had a great day and the weather looked fine to, lucky you, its been like winter in exmouth , also whos on the blue yak in the background ???

looks the place to be, terry

That"ll be me Terry(those yellow yaks are just TOO common )flogging the water with a fly rod-Neil kindly lent me a bait set up so I didnt blank.

Cheers Colin

That"ll be me Terry(those yellow yaks are just TOO common )flogging the water with a fly rod-Neil kindly lent me a bait set up so I didnt blank.

Cheers Colin

Christ Simon, that's an ugly git in that picture. No wonder you had problems posting them, the ugly filter would be set to high, anyway enough about my brother..... :bleh:

Colin, I think another flogging is on the cards over there for later next month, might be some more silver fellars there then. I might just put in at half tide the next time though.. :wheelchair:

Neil.

You should have made the yougun carry his yak - fancy letting him have your trolley!

It was a long haul across the sands though - I don't think I have ever seen the tide go out that far before!

I'll have another go at loading up some pictures later on. But don't expect miracles - i have all the race boats to see to and they are clammering for their pictures...back to work.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo