GCSE in Angling

GlennB

With a couple of our AN guys doing their GCSE's at the moment, may I suggest there's no earthly reason why there shouldn't be a GCSE in angling. Basic syllabus would be easy - equipment, species, waters, baits, techniques, maybe some 'ethics' thrown in ... and some practical sessions

At 'A' level it could get more demanding. Sample exam questions :

1) The close season - discuss in not more than 500 posts. (Edit - that should be words)

2) Carp as livebait, and the International implications. What is your view?

3) Discuss the role of coarse fish in a healthy 21st century diet. What are the best seasonings?

4) Outline the role of electronics in modern coarse angling, avoiding sexual references (abusive or derogatory remarks will be penalised).

5) Describe at least 3 useful techniques for removing tangles in braided line. Illustrate where possible with line drawings.

any more exam questions you can think of?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i would luv 2 do a gcse in angling, especially a DT one. infact i am doing my DT exam 2morow morning. it would be brilliant if it was in fishing, i can just imagine what a gud question would be

1. design a system to wake anglers when light fishing. it should include a method of lighting the tent and also a method to wake them up (loud buzzer, vibrating sleeping bag etc.)

Edited by pulledinbyafish

Q) You fish a remote section of river, 2 miles from the car park. With what frequency would you expect to see an EA bailiff checking your rod licence?

a ) Once a week

b ) Once a month

c ) Once a season

d ) Sorry, an EA what?

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

With a couple of our AN guys doing their GCSE's at the moment, may I suggest there's no earthly reason why there shouldn't be a GCSE in angling. Basic syllabus would be easy - equipment, species, waters, baits, techniques, maybe some 'ethics' thrown in ... and some practical sessions

At 'A' level it could get more demanding. Sample exam questions :

1) The close season - discuss in not more than 500 posts. (Edit - that should be words)

2) Carp as livebait, and the International implications. What is your view?

3) Discuss the role of coarse fish in a healthy 21st century diet. What are the best seasonings?

4) Outline the role of electronics in modern coarse angling, avoiding sexual references (abusive or derogatory remarks will be penalised).

5) Describe at least 3 useful techniques for removing tangles in braided line. Illustrate where possible with line drawings.

any more exam questions you can think of?

It wouldn't work but you can use it in certain skools as part of you're GCSE P.E criteria i wanted to do it but the awarding body the skool i was using wouldn't allow some do though.

Wow now there is a real dream

Why stop at GCSE?

Thesis to discover if colour prejudice is evident in the treatment of multi coloured maggots.

Quantitative analysis of the dynamics associated with carbon fibre and glass fibre rods.

Socio economic factors in the design of multi coloured camouflage clothing designed for the angling market.

Survey of float selection based on regional variations.

Thermoplastic properties of chow mein pot noodle prepared at different temperatures of water.

"Muddlin' along"

Socio economic factors in the design of multi coloured camouflage clothing designed for the angling market.

That's easy. Idiots + spare cash = Realtree

;)

;)

;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Fishing exams are a good idea me thinks.

You can't get a licence until you pass an exam.

You have to produce the certificate for passing the exam at the tackle shop to buy equipment.

might deter some of the idiots i've seen at the canal from fishing.

Hmm, Maybe, I dunno, Eh?

:D

IPB Image

If they had did them when I was at school Matt it would have most likely been the same as my other exams..........I scived off most to go fishing! Oh the folly of youth!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!