Global meet

SeaDooDavid

what about the bank holiday 26-28 august?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm definitely up for that!! lovely part of the world and great fishing from shore and yak! :rolleyes:

Sounds FANTASTIC to me and Richi's dates sound ok too.........I,m in

SDD~~~~~~ :yeah:

Hi RayJ, sorry, just switched my brain back on :wallbash:

You lucky thing (oh to be a bean :rolleyes: )

That sounds great GB :thumbs:

However, I'm gonna be in USofA with work for a couple of weeks in August, not sure of dates yet though. Plus I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing another trip all the way down to Wales with the FPO.

On a similar note though, probably sometime in Sept, I might be able to offer free accomodation at our holiday home in NW Scotland, as long as I am there as well :)

Check out the link in my signature, there are beds for 4, I get the double to myself :) , and plenty of floor space for more. Maybe not the variety or numbers of fish as Pembrokeshire, maybe the weather is more suspect, and OK its a long way for you guys... but you can't beat the scenery :)

Sounds FANTASTIC to me and Richi's dates sound ok too.........I,m in

SDD~~~~~~ :yeah:

Hi RayJ, sorry, just switched my brain back on :wallbash:

You lucky thing (oh to be a bean :rolleyes: )

It sounds like the Tope meet is THE annual thing for you chaps, so sounds like it is organised anyway :yeah:

Think I am just getting carried away with the thought of Yak fishing. I was looking on a US website at the HUGE meets they have, I have to remember that this is the UK and its a little more difficult here :oops:

I will be glad to attend any event I can make it to, as I have really got the bug for kayak fishing. :)

GB's idea sounds great though and would love to attend that :thumbs:

Right gonna go and have a look at the sea now (lunchtime tide I think) so if it's not too scruffy may hit the waves for a little dabble / yak fix :yeah:

Cheers chaps~~~SDD~~~~~ :sun:

RayJ ~~~~ I will PM Prowler before I leave and give him my mobile so if he is on the water while I am there we could maybe meet for a paddle (Jerseyram too) so if you fancy it let me know and will drop you my mobile number too~~~~~~SDD :sun:

Meeting some of you 'old hats'(no offence) at Kayak fishing is highest on my 'to do list' So I am well up for any meets that I can get too. I'm going on the annual skin burning trip with the missus to Cyprus from july 2nd, but would, or rather chancellor willing, be able to get to west wales easy enough around sept or nov.

ps... great idea SDD. Its a shame there are not enough of us to start some sort of regional 'kayak fishing clubs'

Edited by kennosen

It sounds like the Tope meet is THE annual thing for you chaps, so sounds like it is organised anyway :yeah:

Think I am just getting carried away with the thought of Yak fishing. I was looking on a US website at the HUGE meets they have, I have to remember that this is the UK and its a little more difficult here :oops:

I will be glad to attend any event I can make it to, as I have really got the bug for kayak fishing. :)

GB's idea sounds great though and would love to attend that :thumbs:

Right gonna go and have a look at the sea now (lunchtime tide I think) so if it's not too scruffy may hit the waves for a little dabble / yak fix :yeah:

Cheers chaps~~~SDD~~~~~ :sun:

RayJ ~~~~ I will PM Prowler before I leave and give him my mobile so if he is on the water while I am there we could maybe meet for a paddle (Jerseyram too) so if you fancy it let me know and will drop you my mobile number too~~~~~~SDD :sun:

That would be cool.....as I said though Im in the middle of buying a house and its set to go through 1st-2nd week in June so I may be a little busy.Let me know in any case :)