glugging bait

Larry

When i was at a fishin last year i noticed a Carp angler after he had caught a carp he put the boilie &hooklink in a glug pot &took another one out of the pot a started to fish with this is this the way to fish glugged bait or would the additive do damage to hook link,

Cheers Trevor.

For info i'll have to glugging then .

Another tip is to pierce the boilie with a baiting needle. This just lets the glug seep a little more into the bait. When I glug I leave it soaking for anything upto a week.

Paul

Seph what flavour's due use for glugging.

Edited by Larry

Seph what flavour's due use for glugging.

Depends Larry, most of my fishing is done for Barbel these days and I don't glug like I used to, but if I do then it is usually with the flavour of the boilies I am using.

I really like the Dynamite range, but there are plenty of other good ones

Paul

Another tip is to pierce the boilie with a baiting needle. This just lets the glug seep a little more into the bait. When I glug I leave it soaking for anything upto a week.

i've got baits that have been soaking for up to 3years......catches a few bonus fish in winter

Hi Larry,

Hre is SA glugging is done a lot of the time, I buy what is called a plain boilie, mainly because it contains no fish meal, then I pick them with a boilie needle, I will leave them in a flavour for up to two hours.

Here we can get a camo weight that has a sort of rough coating so I will often dip the weight, hook link and all. if use this type of lead make sure the clip will throw the lead. hre my feeling is no1 with a rough weight it can damge the fish and also throwing the lead when fighting leads to less damage on the mouth.

I've been air drying my homemades lately & they really take a glug very well indeed, far better than a standard boilie.

Trouble is, when I use an untreated airdried alongside a glugged airdried, there's very little difference in activity. So now I'm wondering whether its worth the effort to glug 'em' :headhurt:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.