went fishing today and caught........

tugmistress

about a dozen flatties between the 3 of us (me, hubby and brat) and then to shock us all hubby pulled in a macky. thought they had all gone off shore now!

we were fishing Scrabster Old Ola Pier.

Now you are going to ask "where's that?" ha ha.

you wanted more reports ha ha.

you now get homework too

the flatties were just about size (25cms), the macky was about 1lb.

we usually fish off holborn head itself when the tide and sea are right and usually catching 5 and 6lb + pollock.

Spur hound...

if you travelled the ferry last year you probably saw me, i was working on board security from beginning may last year to mid june this year, i am now back driving the tugs for the ferry at scrabster now. :)

Tend not to make it that far south very often.

It's nice to know Mackeral are still about. We have caught them from May through to October this year. If global warming keeps on like this for a couple more years we could be catching Bass around Stronsay. Having said that my house will be flooded if it carries on to long.

Bob

you are getting schoolie bass around the orkneys somewhere now, i think in the scapa flow area, though don't hold me to that! ha ha.

we are getting the odd few decent ones on dunnet beach now, not just schoolies.

if your house floods don't worry, we are about 200ft above sea level here, and we have a caravan in the garden you can use