Few recent bird photos

Guest Jaybee

Smew, Red Crested Pochard, Bufflhead? (sorry this should have read Hooded Merganser), been round the wildfowl and wetlands trust Jaybee?

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Jaybee
Smew, Red Crested Pochard, Bufflhead? been round the wildfowl and wetlands trust Jaybee?

Yes indeed Tony.

I got a call on Wednesday to get my ar** up there quick (I do photos for them.)

The first pair of avocets ever to land at the centre in it's 50 year history.

Both birds are still there as of today.

they mated and had a little bit scrape so we are hoping they may nest.

I got an hour or two befor it was announced on the net and the local twitchers arrived :)

avocet-00026.jpg

Superb shots as usual Jaybee (keep 'em' coming), I had to get the birdbook out though to find out exactly what I was looking at!!

Is it me or are those particularly unusual birds? I recognised the Heron & the Avocet but that was it :(

Love the dewdrop hanging from the Avocets beak, used to know a guy at work who had a permanent one hung on the end of his beak as well :)

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Jaybe

Was it the WWT reserve at Washington? we get loads of Avocets on the local reserve Elmley on the Isle of Sheppey and they are now breeding at the Northwood Hill reserve.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Jaybee
Jaybe

Was it the WWT reserve at Washington?

Tony

Yes Tony the Washington reserve - first time in it's 50 year history that avocets have even landed there.