Open-ended groundbait feeders

GlennB

These boogers, the standard tube-shaped ones, seem perfectly designed to snarl up in weeds, especially streamer weed in rivers. Does anybody know of a more streamlined shape that might behave better?

Some time back I had a couple of softish green plastic ones - slightly conical in shape - that I believe were designed to plane up quickly in the water to combat this prob, but I'd damned if I can find any now. Also the top (narrow) end of the feeder was cut at an angle so that it would tend to slide off weeds and snags rather than catch them hard.

Any help appreciated :)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Daiwa introduced a range of finned feeders both closed and open that would lift as you wound them in and they were copied by a couple of other manufacturers , they were marketed as being snag free when retrieved and were a good seller, sadly I have'nt seen any for sale for a while now

Dont know if drennan still make there clear groundbait feeders but if you swap the lead round to the other side you have a flat holeless face that planes up through the water {used to use them like that at holme peirpont to get up over the cable that runs through it}

Dont know if drennan still make there clear groundbait feeders but if you swap the lead round to the other side you have a flat holeless face that planes up through the water {used to use them like that at holme peirpont to get up over the cable that runs through it}

I've heard that HP holds some big shoals of bream. Is that true, in your experience?

Going a few years back yes trev, as for now not got a clue the in pegs were just behind the hump on the opposite bank to the trent