Coldwater setup

cir2kuk

Guest Ferret1959
its easyer to clean without gravel :(

Pure lazy. :angry:

It's not hard to keep a tank clean if it's set up and running ok. :rolleyes:

As Ferret said ... A natural "Pond Bed" would make it look a lot better.

And possibly a large piece of coloured or plain card on the outside back of your tank would show off your fish better .. and hide those ugly cables and tubes .... :):P:P

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

As Ferret said ... A natural "Pond Bed" would make it look a lot better.

And possibly a large piece of coloured or plain card on the outside back of your tank would show off your fish better .. and hide those ugly cables and tubes .... :):P:P

Will be adding a background and gravel when i've got a gravel vaccum.

Im quiet happy with the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate reading after only 2 weeks. been doing 25% water changes and testing the water every 2 days.

If you add some inert gravel....you could even use washed pea beech, the fish, which are all natural scavengers, will keep it clean and give them something to rummage in. I added clumps of elodia which were tied to a pebble to keep them on the bottom when i was growing on koi in my 150 gallon tank.

A nice brance or piece of bogwood would make them feel at home too.

Actually, I think I'd be tempted to add some fine silica sand rather than gravel. Our Corydoras catfish love to root and dig in it, I bet tench would too.

Actually, I think I'd be tempted to add some fine silica sand rather than gravel. Our Corydoras catfish love to root and dig in it, I bet tench would too.

I do a search for that sand on google now, also had a Nitrate problem which iv sorted with duckweed and water changes.

You can get silica or silver sand from most garden centres now.....playpit sand from argos or mothercare is equally as good and i ran a deep sand bed filter on my marine reef aquarium for 5 years with it. Not too deep though...max 1" otherwise the sand will turn anaerobic and start smelling of rotten eggs

Andy