Latest attempts at reasonable photos

Eatlard

Hi all,

My latest attempts at ok photos follow. Had my D50 about 3 weeks now and still a hell of a lot to learn. As always constructive criticism / feedback always appreciated.

Highly scientific argument in the office about this..Fly or Bee?

orangefly.jpg

Young bluetit taken at weekend. This was as sharp as I could get it and when checking the exif info i realised im hand shooting at 450mm which may be pushing my luck. Tripod should be with me in next few days though. Also was under a tree so a little dark.

bluetit.jpg

Weeds never looked so good.

flower2.jpg

Oystercatcher chick taken on Alderney with my old 2800Zoom. Camera was out already when happened to see this little chap. Quick pic then left him alone.

Oysterchick.jpg

Sunset at Raz island..a little large I think I'll cut this down later

Razsunset.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Steve Randles

Hi Eatlard ...

Very nice ... The one of the fly is certainly good !!

Are you taking these pics on "Auto" settings .. or hand dialing your own settings in ??

Slighty underexposed shots like the BlueTit can be viewed on your cameras "info" setting .. then you can adjust one way or the other for a better result. Another option is to use "Auto Bracketing" on your shots ... does your camera have this option ???

You could, of course, always fiddle with the pictures on your PC in a decent photo programme ....

Like this ....

bluetit.jpg

But at the end of the day you cannot beat a good quality image straight from the camera ....

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Mr Wiggly,

it's a mixture of everything at the moment as I'm still learning. I was messing about for about 15 minutes, had I longer then I would have tried alot more different options. Auto bracketing... it does . I'll recheck the book to see how I should do this.

I do have a demo version of Paint Shop Pro X which I've played around with. Looks like you've proved there's a lot more I can do there. Something else to learn :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Edited by Eatlard

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies

The sunset is really great. Can't imagine what you will accomplish when you and the camera become fast friends