Sea fishing virgin

JasonH

Hi all,

I am taking the family to a cottage near chesil beach week after next and fancy taking a boat trip out as my wife has given me a day pass :cool: , any suggestions / tips / pitfalls that I need to be aware of. As the title says I have never sea fished but have fished inland for the last 20 years.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

Jason H

hi third time of trying too heavy handed if you check www.deepsea.co.uk you can access weymouth charter boats if you check search angling spaces hopefully one of the skippers will have a vacancy some of the boats have tackle hire but you will have to ask etc, i recently had my first boat trip on :one for his knob; a boat out of weymouth it was a very enjoyable experience

(edit note: hembo - I got rid of your two false starts. It's an easy enough mistake to make. If you ever want to, you can edit your own posts later by clicking on the "edit" icon that is right next to the "quote" one you hit the first couple of times. Newt)

[ 21. July 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

i recommend rod thompson on outrage...stable 105 boat, good natured skipper not above making the occaisonal tea, well equipped boat and he'll show you what he knows.

spent 3 excellent days on his boat over to alderney recently, the trip ended in fine style reeling in conger 2 hours off weymouth. one of the lads got a 56lb PB. Lost count of the conger we pulled in then. Rod stuck a couple of rod's down to get more bait down onto the wreck, and i think im right in saying at one point we all had one either on or nearly on, rod having 2 x 20lb'er on the two rods...one in each hand..good cracking fun.

Rod's main goal is to make sure you have a good time, and he'll adapt the trip to make the best out of conditions and fishing to make that happens. He's listed on deepsea...here's a link

http://www.deepsea.co.uk/boats/outrage/mor...notes_board.htm

the ugly one holding the cod on that page is a mate of mine...lucky *'***d

Jason? Hello to you.

Forget all those postings. Just get in touch with Weymouth Angling Centre or Reels and Deals or you`ll never get a space on a boat!!

School holidays are full of maggots and their mackeral bashing Dads` taking places on charter boats!

Weymouth Angling Centre is? 01305 777771. Don`t just arrive and look for a space?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

MAny thanks to all that replied, I will chase up all the numbers / links and see what I can find. Is it safe to assume that most of those listed above will provide tackle or not?

Thanks again for your time.

Jason