who likes the french?

hembo

I cant believe what I've read by some of you in this thread. It is our DUTY as Englishmen to run down the French, even if you dont believe what you're saying!!

Froggie baiting is a long held tradition as well as a damn fine sport and I urge you all to do the right thing and keep it al;ive!! ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks delightful and has a real charm about the place.

I've been guilty of knocking the french in the past but for some time now have come to respect their way of life.

If you told me Mr Zidane was mayor, I'd be phoning the local estate agents in the morning. :D

I cant believe what I've read by some of you in this thread. It is our DUTY as Englishmen to run down the French, even if you dont believe what you're saying!!

Froggie baiting is a long held tradition as well as a damn fine sport and I urge you all to do the right thing and keep it al;ive!! ;)

But I am not an Englishman, I am a Scot and it is my duty to defend our "auld allie". :yeah:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

An elderly man was walking through the French countryside, admiring the beautiful spring day, when over a hedgerow he spotted a young couple making love in a field. Getting over his initial shock he said to himself: "Ah,young love... ze spring time, ze air, ze flowers... C'est magnifique!", and continued to watch, remembering the good old day's that he'd once enjoyed.

Suddenly he gasped and said: "Mais... Sacre bleu! Ze woman she is dead!," before heading off as fast as he could to the town to tell Jean, the police chief.

He arrived at the Police Station, out of breath, and shouted: "Jean...Jean...zere is zis man, zis woman ... naked in farmer Gaston's field making love."

The police chief smiled and said: "Come, come, Henri you are not so old; remember ze young love, ze spring time, ze air, ze flowers? Ah,L'amour! Zis is OK."

"Mais non! You do not understand; ze woman, she is dead!"

Upon hearing this, Jean, leapt up from his seat, rushed out of the station, jumped on his push-bike, pedalled down to the field, confirmed Henri's story, and pedalled all the way back (non-stop) to call the doctor.

He picked up the telephone and screamed: "Pierre, Pierre, ... this is Jean, I was in Gaston's field; zere is a young couple naked having sex "

To which Pierre replied,"Jean, I am a man of science. You must remember...it's spring, ze air, ze flowers, Ah, L'amour! Zis is very natural.

"Jean, still out of breath, grasped in reply: "NON, you do not understand; ze woman, she is dead!"

Hearing this, Pierre exclaimed: "Mon dieu!," grabbed his black medicine bag; stuffed in his thermometer, stethoscope, and other tools; jumped in his car; and drove like a madman down to Gaston's field.

After carefully examining the participants he drove calmly back to Henri and Jean, who were waiting at the station.

When he got there, went inside, smiled patiently, and said: "Ah, mes amis, do not worry. Ze woman, she is not dead,.................................

she is British"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that has got to be the crappest joke I have ever had the displeasure to read in my whole life. :blink:

Could you explain it to me so as I may try and work up a titter. :(

But I am not an Englishman, I am a Scot and it is my duty to defend our "auld allie". :yeah:

Is it any wonder you get some stick, Cory? :lol:

that has got to be the crappest joke I have ever had the displeasure to read in my whole life. :blink:

Could you explain it to me so as I may try and work up a titter. :(

Is it any wonder you get some stick, Cory? :lol:

Could'nt care less. If I'm getting stick then some other poor sucker who is less able to stick up for himself is being left in peace. I was brought up to believe that if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't have the right to laugh others.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Could'nt care less. If I'm getting stick then some other poor sucker who is less able to stick up for himself is being left in peace. I was brought up to believe that if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't have the right to laugh others.

A Scot being nice? :blink: maybe the chips on yer shoulders are finally falling off. ;)

A Scot being nice? :blink: maybe the chips on yer shoulders are finally falling off. ;)

No sweat mate. I was also brought up to believe that it is 'nice to be nice', or to put it another way politeness costs nothing.

Prefer me chips with salt, vinegar, and a bit of haddy :thumbs: