Thames carp

Anderoo

I saw my first Thames carp landed yesterday (not by me - I was too busy catching 6oz chub on floating bread from a feeder stream!), and it was a mighty impressive performance - the power was incredible and despite having an odd snub nose, the fish was dark, sleek and beautiful. It looks like my target is possible after all!

I'm going tonight...wish me luck! :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good luck :thumbs: . Hopefully when I come down to fish with you you'll know all the best spots :D .

Andy

I'm doing it all for you Andy! I'm selfless like that :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've seen some mighty fish out of the Thames over the last five years. Not by me I hasten to add.

I photographed a 25lb mirror for a guy last summer from just below a certain Thames weir and the sight of it almost made me want to go carp fishing....well almost, but not quite :rolleyes: The fish ran the angler all over the river.

Carp from big deep rivers are so different from the flabby slabs that you sometimes see from stillwaters

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Carp from big deep rivers are so different from the flabby slabs that you sometimes see from stillwaters

The carp anglers on rivers are different from the flabby slabs you see on stillwaters too :D

The carp anglers on rivers are different from the flabby slabs you see on stillwaters too :D

I'm pleased that you said that and not me :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

anderoo,

get hold of a copy of this months CAT magazine,cracking article on thames carp

Thanks mate :thumbs:

I didn't catch but did get a pb crayfish.