The Cost Of A days Fishing?

lopex

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well I've not long got in from an evenings fishing.

6 miles each way in the car.........didnt see the bailliff so no 4 quid fee to pay.......a few handfulls of tesco value mixers and 4 slices of bread.

Result, 10 nice fat carp and enough saved to buy me a nice bottle of wine!

I think your biggest mistake is buying your bait from a tackle shop. 13 quid for a 15 kilo sack of hemp........30 quid for a 25 kilo sack of halibuts........and so the list goes on.......do a search for bulk baits and you should find a couple of useful threads. I'm not a big fan of boillies either (specially for commercial fisheries)........yeah I know they work, but do they work ENOUGH to warrant the price difference compared to a tin of sweetcorn or luncheon meat?

Each to there own of course though and if you are happy to spend 90 quid on a fishing trip then its no business of ours to tell you you shouldnt :)

Leads £3

Rig Tube £2

Split Shot £5

Floats £3

T float stops £2

You manage to loose £15 worth of terminal tackle during a one day session !!!!!

Man, the trees arround your regular venues must be festooned with kit. :D

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I do match pleasure and speciemen fishing so i know it varies on what your doing. heres my prices:

Plesure Fishing

fishing= free

maggots £1.80

worms= free (dig them up sometimes i get half kilo)

groundbait= 56p (asda bread liquidised)

total £2.36

Match Fishing

fishing= £5 (£10 in october when i turn 16)

maggots= £1.80

meat= £1

corn= £3

pellet=£3

groundbait= 56p (asda bread liquidised)

hemp= £2

total= 15.80(£20.80 end of october)

Speciemen fishing

Fishing=£22

boilies= £10

corn= £5

groundbait= £3 (abou12 loaves of liquidised bread)

maggots= £10

hemp= £5

pellets=£10

food & drink=10

total=£75(this will last me 6 nights =£12.50 night)

So if i look at it i spend more of fishing a five hour contest than i do fishing 24 hours whilst going speciemen fishing.

84854438.png

• 2 weeks later...

Depends but I agree find a good pet food suppliers and buy in bulk. I was visiting a friend recently and his wife put me onto a great place. Micro, 4mm an 6mm pellets £23 quid (approx) for 25 kilo and brown crumb £11 for 25 kilo.

Tightlines