Back from Land's End

paintfly

Hi Paintfly

Sounds like you fell in love! Ahh :P

great trip and report. Any ideas on bait for basking sharks? :lol:

I was thinking a splash of Old Spice and a bit of Frank Sinatra on the waterproof Walkman :sun:

(actually, I did wonder what effect a dark green Prowler would have had)

I was thinking a splash of Old Spice and a bit of Frank Sinatra on the waterproof Walkman :sun:

(actually, I did wonder what effect a dark green Prowler would have had)

Hi PF

The Basking shark pics blew me away!!!! :) we occasionally have them up here (Cumbrian coast) would love the chance to paddle along side em!

Nice one mate! fish too for the Barbie oooohhh it doesn't get much better :):)

SDD~~~~~~~~~ :sun:

Hi PF

The Basking shark pics blew me away!!!! :) we occasionally have them up here (Cumbrian coast) would love the chance to paddle along side em!

Nice one mate! fish too for the Barbie oooohhh it doesn't get much better :):)

SDD~~~~~~~~~ :sun:

p.s. I bet that echoed well on the Matrix! :yeah::lol:

Excellent stuff paintfly, glad the trip went well for you - I'm still waiting for my first sighting of a Basking Shark. Dolphins and Porpoise are around at the moment.

I know what you mean about the swell, but recently used a technique that Simon Everett PM'd me when i enquired about re-entering through pitching surf:

"OH, and if it blows up while you are out and the surf increases, you can always back in, facing the oncoming waves. In this case you paddle at the waves as they come, and back the kayak in between them. Then take the next head on (like launching) and come in a bit at time between the waves. You can land in much bigger surf like this than by coming in straight at the beach."

Worked a treat.

Cheers

iz from North Devon - Prowler 13 - Travel light, keep 'em tight - ooh!

2007 Catches: Sea Trout 3/4 lb,.........

2007 Endeavours: Investigate the estuary

MyFishingKayak.co.uk

or you could get one of these :

http://www.stealthpp.co.za/Products.asp?product=1

But we have been here before. :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

or you could get one of these :

http://www.stealthpp.co.za/Products.asp?product=1

But we have been here before. :)

6 bloody years Ive been here and I live 15 yards from the sea and Ive never seen a basking shark you lucky bugger. Perhaps next time we can meet up. Theres a rather well known commercial bassing mark a very short paddle from that ramp. Im keen to have a try at it sometime.

Oz

The Captain's Organ and his brother have a pair of red ones back in SA, don't think he has paddled his yet, must be driving him mad :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

6 bloody years Ive been here and I live 15 yards from the sea and Ive never seen a basking shark you lucky bugger. Perhaps next time we can meet up. Theres a rather well known commercial bassing mark a very short paddle from that ramp. Im keen to have a try at it sometime.

Oz

Yeah, I've been there many times over the years and it was the first time I've seen one.

I'm hoping to be back down for the first week of August and Bass is definitely top of my list. Where exactly is that mark? The Brisons looks a piece of p*ss btw, and the Cott Valley doesn't have raw sewage flowing into it anymore because they've built a new sewage plant nearby.

I'll let you know when I'm coming down nearer the time.

Kev