AnglersAfloat Tournament News

Starvinmarvin

Oh S%*T,

I've just got back from my caravan to find out the comp was today, I thought it was yesterday :wallbash:

I don't feel quite so bad now about my feeble 3 species and a Lobster.

Sorry Starvin, paying attention is'nt one of my strongpoints :headhurt:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You plonker Nifty, I'm going to have to put it in big bold letters for the older members of the forum or perhaps in Welsh, your the third to think it was on Saturday.

Please send me the pictures anyway, will be interested to see how may species we tally in total for the weekend.

I was out early, got to my mark just after first light to be greated by strong winds, surfable shorebreak and four commercials, one working my first mark and 3 around the wreck further inshore... sick as a parrot, so it was back to my old haunt which is fishing very baddly at present. Managed a few fish but nothing like I was hoping from my original launch site. Was given an excellent display by the inshore lifeboat, four boats were giving demo's about 100 yards away from where I was anchored. Up'd anchor and paddled away, half an hour later the helicopter was hovering over where I was sat doing another low level demo, wished I'd stayed down there, would have made a great photo.

Looking forward to seeing some more entries in, I've already had some :)

SM :)

Richy, Phooey is about half a mile away... I'll get him round soon to help with the Malibu Project, could do with some long arms :D We nearly bought the house on the corner to his road when we moved here... now that would have been funny.

Sm :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

You plonker Nifty, I'm going to have to put it in big bold letters for the older members of the forum or perhaps in Welsh, your the third to think it was on Saturday.

Please send me the pictures anyway, will be interested to see how may species we tally in total for the weekend.

I was out early, got to my mark just after first light to be greated by strong winds, surfable shorebreak and four commercials, one working my first mark and 3 around the wreck further inshore... sick as a parrot, so it was back to my old haunt which is fishing very baddly at present. Managed a few fish but nothing like I was hoping from my original launch site. Was given an excellent display by the inshore lifeboat, four boats were giving demo's about 100 yards away from where I was anchored. Up'd anchor and paddled away, half an hour later the helicopter was hovering over where I was sat doing another low level demo, wished I'd stayed down there, would have made a great photo.

Looking forward to seeing some more entries in, I've already had some :)

Richy, Phooey is about half a mile away... I'll get him round soon to help with the Malibu Project, could do with some long arms :D We nearly bought the house on the corner to his road when we moved here... now that would have been funny.

Sm :)

Just posted mine :) Hopefully the second attempt worked :wallbash:

zzippy2.gif

Hey Zippy,

All arrived safely, could you please send me a list of which species they are meant to be, cos some are so small they are hard to distinguish :D

You did slightly better than me, but then again my fish were slightly bigger... not a lot though :D

Cheers.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Hey Zippy,

All arrived safely, could you please send me a list of which species they are meant to be, cos some are so small they are hard to distinguish :D

You did slightly better than me, but then again my fish were slightly bigger... not a lot though :D

Cheers.

I sent a list on the first E-mail.I will copy and paste it again.

As for size.I think the pout was the biggest fish I had.At a Guess it was about 2 and a half pounds :lol:

It got to windy to stay out and Catch Mackeral,Garfish and bass.

zzippy2.gif

Got 5.

We (paintfly) We got to Warbarrow and were ready to go by midnight rattled up a pollock pretty quickly and a poor cod. Paintfly managed a 3 bearded rockling. Unfortunately, Paintfly came down with the eeby geebies and to cut a long story short we had to abort and get back to Lulworth. Shame really but there was a risk and so we had to play safe he really didnt look too well.

I thought that that was that but once home and with couple of hours of kip I thought that for the hell of it I would try a new mark I had found on Southampton Water. I had only fished it once before on an early recce. Sat there for a couple of hours for nothing other than being given the once over by the Harbour Master (Got a Thumbs Up). However, I knew the water only really fishes on the last 2 of the flood so stuck at it.

Sure enough despite what the tackle shop owner had said ("Its cr.p at the moment") things started to happen. Firstly, an unexpected Smoothound pup 18" (Starry) good fun on the float. Then an Eel (unexpected), a 2lb Bass (expected) then a second and finally the fish of the night a 3.2lb Sole (totaly unexpected but what a scrap). This was all on light float gear.

Shame we couldnt have stayed around and racked up some of the usual suspects ie. Mackies, Wrasse, Gars, Pout, Dogies and bream at Warbarrow but we made the right decision.

If you do the maths you will realise I actually had 6 species but we only took a pic of the POllock at Warbarrow as Paintfly had the camera and was kipping on the beach when I caught the Poor Cod. I didnt have a camera for the Solent so had to rely on my Phone, hopefully I can send them over to SM.

The Solent session was one of the most interesting sessions I have had for a while so big thanks to SM for the excuse.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Well chaps and chapeses, the entries are starting to pour into my mailbox, there are some very small species and some a little bit bigger, all in all quite a mixed bag.

Please keep them coming however few you managed to catch, even if it was only once specie as I would like to see how many were actually caught in total.

As for me, wish that I had joined Darnsarf as it looks to me that he had a fun time being a little closer to home, might join him there next time... if I get an invite. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

None for me I'm afraid. Work and domestic issues scuppered my plans. Just threw £20 worth of fresh bait in the drink today (bet the fish had a feast below the barge) hoping to get out this week if I can get a day off otherwise it'll be all guns this weekend.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

SM you are always welcome. :thumbs:

Next time will do Warbarrow/Solent intentionally rather than by accident. :D

Good news is that Paintfly has made a full recovery. Fate is a funny thing because had it not been for the bug I would not have got the Sole.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)