Reels?

carpstar

Does anyone own or know if the Daiwa Regal BRI reels and the Wychwood carp reels are any good? :huh:

Want a decent set of reels,would love some Shimano ones but the prices are a little rich for me :(

All help greatly appreciated :):yeah:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Can't say about the new BRI from Daiwa but I have some of the older ones (4550) which I have used for about 4 years now and they are fine. I've "upgraded a while ago but they are still in use for my tench and bream fishing. Not as smooth as the shimmys and the line lay isn't as good but as long as you are not expecting to cast big distances they do well enough.

I would assume the newer Daiwas would be an improvement though. (Incidentally, the rgz 4550 reels can be picked up for peanut money on E-Bay, Shimanos second hand around the £45 mark for 6000 or the older 6010)

Cheers guy's, :thumbs:

I was thinking maybe the Daiwa Regal Plus 4000BRI,4500BRI or 5000BRI? :unsure:

Daiwa Emcast EC reel? :unsure:

I also like the look of the Wychwood Extremis Freespin Reels? :unsure:

So many choices of reels!!! :headhurt: does anyone else have any recommendations? :huh:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Yup, ebay... great for tackle bargains, shimano 6000gte's for £50 6000re's for £30 or even the older 6010gt's are still only about £40ish. Just be carefull who your buying from, don't want to end up with some poor sods nicked gear.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Yup, ebay... great for tackle bargains, shimano 6000gte's for £50 6000re's for £30 or even the older 6010gt's are still only about £40ish. Just be carefull who your buying from, don't want to end up with some poor sods nicked gear.

Looked at ebay but i'm wanting new not used,Shimano are too expensive new and still pricey used! :(

Found some decent Daiwa new for £50 from a local tackle shop! :)

Cheers for the help :)

£50??? Which ones are they?? I do or did BRI's in 5000 for £35!! And the 4500 for £30!! Don't think I have any left now?? But the WYCHWOODS, my mate can't get them in quick enough over in Burnley!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

£50??? Which ones are they?? I do or did BRI's in 5000 for £35!! And the 4500 for £30!! Don't think I have any left now?? But the WYCHWOODS, my mate can't get them in quick enough over in Burnley!!

Is that price for just the BRI or the BRI Plus?

The Emcast EC 5000 for £49.99

How much is he doing the Wychwood Extremis Freespin Reel for?

Really like the look of the Emcast EC 5000 ,does anyone know if it's better or as good as the BRI's? :unsure:

Not sure which to be totally honest as I just sell them!! :) (Plus or ?)

But I have to call him today so will endeavour to get you some prices.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))