Cheap rods

Unimexsol

Had to pop into Canary Wharf at lunchtime and remembering some of the threads on here also stopped at Canada Water. Was walking round the water when I noticed that there was a sports superstore there (Decathlon), went in and was astonished at the variance in the price of some of the stuff:

£2.50 for a pint of maggots, £3.80 for a pint of casters. £10 for a 3.5m telescopic rod with reel, £10 for a "lure" rod (it was actually more like a boat rod for sea-fishing), £7.50 for a 7ft 2piece rod and reel.

Anyone bought anything from there? Is any of it up to the job?

Had to pop into Canary Wharf at lunchtime and remembering some of the threads on here also stopped at Canada Water. Was walking round the water when I noticed that there was a sports superstore there (Decathlon), went in and was astonished at the variance in the price of some of the stuff:

£2.50 for a pint of maggots, £3.80 for a pint of casters. £10 for a 3.5m telescopic rod with reel, £10 for a "lure" rod (it was actually more like a boat rod for sea-fishing), £7.50 for a 7ft 2piece rod and reel.

Anyone bought anything from there? Is any of it up to the job?

I was there yesterday lunchtime too :) ( I needed a new sleeping bag) I was the guy outside trying to figure out how the 2 second erection bivvie actually goes back together again :sun:

The camping stuff is pretty good as is most of the sports gear. The fishing tackle ranges from excellent .....Plano boxes at silly prices, all the way to crap... huge heavy beachcasters that require you to have three hands. Most of the lures are not good value, Rapalas the most expensive I've seen anywhere.

The clothes are excellent, the pound bin when you find it on the right day is great and if you run out of bait when all of the tackle shops are closed, they'll probably still be open.

The bonus... a nice little french girl with good manners and a smile to serve you.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

i have purchased a couple of there 4x4 (270) spinning rod range and been very pleased with it,and i've brought flies from them as they have quite a good sellection and reasonably priced ,i live just a couple of miles from the notts superstore at ikea retail park giltbrook,so i pop in quite often,i too fancied one of them pop-up tents as i was looking for a new green (bivvy) tent ,which they had `had a nice one for £39 but was out of stock ! so i looked at the range of pop-up tents.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

The pop up tents are ok but best to get the larger one with "wings" as the ventilation in the smaller ones isn't very good you can get quite a lot of condensation, also I wouldn't want to spend a windy night in one of them as they don't feel very stable other than that they are brilliant for a quick set up, packing away is easy if someone shows you as its really hard to get the knack from the instructions

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Putting it back together is a bit like trying to stuff a 20lb rabbit into a small top hat. It is however a bargain and every time I look at those couple a hundred quid bivvies I do have a little smile to myself :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'