GUC - Tring

Andrew PI

My brother has just moved to Tring and is looking to fish the canal around there. Does anyone on here fish around this area and have any info they could give me. IE whats available where to fish etc.

My brother has just moved to Tring and is looking to fish the canal around there. Does anyone on here fish around this area and have any info they could give me. IE whats available where to fish etc.

I have fished that area in matches, as far as I remember it isn't very deep, about four foot at the deepest, the usual species are in there like Roach, Bream and Carp in the swims with a feature on the other bank.

You can fish the inside line for Roach and skimmer Bream on a short 3 meter pole or fish a longer pole or waggler to the far bank features but look out there are some 'zoo creature Carp' in there!

The Tring anglers is the controling club its good value for money Its good fishing zoo creatures are quite common and they often turn up out of now where which is interesting when you are catching roach and skimmers.

Join the club and fish the members only section at cooks warfe its a bit peggy for the carp they have had some 100lb plus bags in matches on the "the pegs" now they have silver fish only and still theres 30lb bags of roach n bream

If you fish the "arm" get some 20 laccy for the pole you will need it!

If theres any depth of water right under your feet the carp will be there in the evenings put a good load of pellets in fish over the top and hold on!

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

i fished a match last week at north church which is a pound or so down and smashed the match record with 48lb of bream http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/matchresults/london_south.php the area is solid with fish at the moment and as mentioned in the other post there are big carp around.

the method for the bream was chopped dendra and soft micro pellet fished against the rushes in 18 inches of water whole large dendra on the hook nipped.

tring is well known for its zoo creatures so hit and hold as the carp think they can climb trees.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image