My first carp

kozak0085

I dont know if any of you remember but a month ago I was talking about how i found some carp and I was trying to get help on what bait to use and what type of carp I had in my town resevoir. Well here it is. I decided to give it another go yesterday after taking a month break from wasting time on them. Using bread I landed my first carp ever =). I'm thinking it was a little over 10lbs. Around 2ft long. I dont know the weights tho, seeing as I didnt have a scale so it's just a estimate. With your professionalism I'm wondering if someone can give a more accurate guess on the carp's weight. Thanks, and good fishing :)

post-9551-1154117359_thumb.jpg

I'd go along with Pikers estimation as well.

Nice to see the Cheshire cat grin, there's nothing to beat the first fish of any species is there, & when it's a hard fighting b***er like the Carp it really is something special. Well done Kozak.

Don't take this the wrong way Kozak it's meant as helpful advice, but try not to handle fish with gloves on, it's very efficient at removing slime from their body which is an essential safeguard for the fishes health.

Edited by peter mccue

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

hah thanks guys

and yeah i knew abotu the slime thing, i only handled him for a second, just for the picture because of it. I usually put them on so I dont stab myself while removing the hook <_< but thanks for being on the lookout

well done with the fish but dont be a pansy so the gloves off

agreed.. also please invest in an unhooking mat you can pick them up for a tenner :D :D nice fish though.. would say a low double :D

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk