Spinning

petera

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to get info /tips/crash course on spinning techniques for trout

Please any tips etc would be really helpful !

Thanks

What kind of water and what kind of Trout?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

If it is for wild brownies then the advice is 'be quick', they are out of season soon.

What trout, which waters?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

If it is for wild brownies then the advice is 'be quick', they are out of season soon.

What trout, which waters?

brown trout

River Etherowe

can someone explain the close season

when does it start /end ?

Why does it exist ?

Do people still fish ?

etc etc !

brown trout

River Etherowe

can someone explain the close season

when does it start /end ?

Why does it exist ?

Do people still fish ?

etc etc !

Google is your friend - In England the brown trout season runs from the 22nd of March through to the 30th of September, however some fisheries may go on for another week in October. Check locally to be absolutely certain.

Why? So they have a chance to spawn without being disturbed.

Do people still fish? Yes but for coarse fish only! For natural course fishing waters the close season is 15th March to 15th June each year.

Edited by ooarr_not_a_maggot

Looks like they have been discussing that syatem, if not so much on that specific river here.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummes...26573/v/1/cp/2/

A point to not again. This is not coarse fishing, lots of what comes up in this section is game fishing, perhaps we need a game fishing section?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I prefer the fact there's no game fishing section on AN. It's handy talking about trout and fishing for them etc. but very few folk on here purposely game fish and on any of the other sites I frequent, the game fishing section is generally dead and it's highly unlikely coarse anglers would nosey about in a game section to see what's what. By talking about trout etc. on here we expose coarse anglers to other methods, new species, new venues, new holding areas and a different mindset. I'd say ANs coarse forum is the least segregated and friendliest site on the internet and it slowly but surely chips away at the fishing divisions and opens up discussion between them. A new game forum would, in my opinion, do more harm than good.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I used to fish the Goyt, Etherow and Tame a bit when I lived over that way. They were "improving" rivers at the time, I bet they're cracking waters now. Mixed fisheries, though, and more coarse than trout.

petera, any particular reason for wanting to spin for them?