mel gibson and the jews

hembo

Last Updated: Tuesday, 1 August 2006, 11:45 GMT 12:45 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Hollywood reacts to Gibson furore

Mr Gibson was arrested on Friday in Malibu, California

Actor Mel Gibson's alleged anti-Semitic remarks have provoked a strong response from the Hollywood community, with some questioning his future as a film-maker.

"It's incredibly disappointing somebody of his stature would speak out that way at this sensitive time," Sony Pictures' Amy Pascal told the Los Angeles Times.

"I don't think I want to see any more Mel Gibson movies," veteran presenter Barbara Walters told the ABC network.

Producer Peter Bart, meanwhile, said Mr Gibson had "seriously compromised" his career.

This is a question not of how low you can sink, but how you can dig yourself out of this hole

Jeff Berg, ICM

"The critics will forever kill him," he wrote in industry newspaper Variety. "Sectors of the audience will shun his work. Through his incoherent tirades he has betrayed his friends and colleagues."

"I am so sad, so hurt and so disappointed," producer Jerry Weintraub told the Los Angeles Times. "I really feel bad for him as a human being."

His sentiments were echoed in the same newspaper by Jeff Berg, head of the International Creative Management (ICM) talent agency, who said Mr Gibson had created "a first-class mess".

"I hate what he said, and so does he," said Mr Berg, whose agency has represented the Braveheart star for 18 years.

His latest film Apocalypto is released in the US in December

"You cannot spin this. This is a question not of how low you can sink, but how you can dig yourself out of this hole."

"To make all of your money from Jews in Hollywood, and then have a few drinks and say you hate Jews, is shocking," said Arnon Milchan, producer of JFK and LA Confidential.

But Mr Gibson has received support from Oren Aviv, president of Buena Vista Pictures Marketing.

"We all make mistakes and I've accepted his apology to what was a regrettable situation," he told Slate magazine.

"I wish him the very best on his path to healing."

Mr Aviv will oversee the US release of Apocalypto, Mr Gibson's latest directorial project, later this year.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies
Arrested?

Not for what he said was it?

He must have been drunk again when he spoke out.

Yup, REAL drunk

Yup, REAL drunk

Nothing wrong with that LOL

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nothing wrong with that LOL

Only if you are in the process of scuddling your career:

Gibson has been called both a bigot and anti-Semite after news spread of his reputedly bigoted, anti-Semitic tirade during last Friday's DUI bust. Chief among the offending remarks credited to Gibson was the observation that the "f--cking Jews" "are responsible for all the wars in the world."

On Saturday, Gibson addressed the alleged rant indirectly, noting that he "said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable." But while he apologized to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies who had to listen to him, he failed to apologize to the "f--king Jews." "

Only if you are in the process of scuddling your career:

LOL You took me a bit too literally. I was referring to there being nothing wrong with being drunk....posting it myself at 1am, after a few drinks ;):D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Brumagem Phil

Have u followed the fall out from this in the media? Its scary!

Despite his rather grovelling apology, almost all the comment from jewish groups are virtually calling for his head on a platter.

Talk about a forgiving, religious nation?! LOLOL! And people call Islam the religion of intolerance.

Personally I think he just had way too mcuh to drink, has some personal problems and it all just came out in some form of incoherent rant..........he's human FFS. He apolgised and thats that, end of the matter.

LOL You took me a bit too literally. I was referring to there being nothing wrong with being drunk....posting it myself at 1am, after a few drinks ;):D

Absolutely nothing wrong with being drunk unless you put your livelihood in peril, well.......

Then of course. Mr Gibson's last movie was basicly about some Jewish guy being gratuatously tortured to death and finally finnished off by being nailed to a cross.

Maybe there's a bit of a theme building here.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hi all

mel gibson has had clean family man image untill now but as said before (he got drunk and spouted crap )just like the rest of us from time to time:)

i would have said religeon not jews but hey he was drunk.

hes also got enough money to not give a rats ass if his carrer falls:)

sg