Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Great report Dave

You can put me down for next year.

I would like to thank Dave for the time and effort he had put into these trips, and also offer a big thanks to skipper Malcolm from Sea Spray

He has set himself a task to establish a buisiness in Whitby other than Cod fishing and has had a fair ammount of ridicule from some of the other charter boats.

He has caught many species that are considered alien to Whitby, through shear persistnce and hardwork. These shark have stuck two fingers up to all the doubters. Well done mate. I would reccomend you any one.

Also a quick thanks to Penn for the loan of the equipment. We were overgunned for this shark but one day I am sure we will read of a 4-500 lb shark being caught from Whitby

I must say the buzz from that trip was still with you when we went into the meeting with the Scottish Exec. I'd presume everyone else was much the same.

Best of luck to Malcom, the Yorkshire coast needs diverse attitudes and approaches in order to attract a variety of anglers.

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Aug 4 2006, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as well as the superb double shot of huge haddock caught by a well know but anonymous angler.

Only after I showed that they could be caught there ;)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Fantastic stuff. Three in as many days for skippers who by their own admission are just feeling their way into it seems pretty damned good to me!

I don't know if any fellow northerners saw this on the BBC news site the other day about a seven foot porbeagle washing up at Porthmadog

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/5224746.stm

Maybe they are a lot more widely spread than anyone realises?

Norm,

Surely that quote should be

"As well as the superb double shot of anonymous haddock caught by a well known but huge angler"

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

:clap2: Purely a play on words. :clap2:

:clap2:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Aug 4 2006, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

as well as the superb double shot of huge haddock caught by a well know but anonymous angler.

Only after I showed that they could be caught there ;)

:clap2: There's always somebody trying to steal my glory. :clap2:

Come on I thought you lot were good... the waters around Sunderland are infested with killer Mako sharks* and all you lot can catch is a couple of Porgies and some Haddock :yeah::yeah:

* follow this link to read the biggest load of garbage ever spouted in a "newspaper"

http://www.sharktrust.org/sharkforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=830

Despite it being confirmed 100% that is was not shark attacks they are off spouting rubbish again, there is just no educating some people :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Come on I thought you lot were good... the waters around Sunderland are infested with killer Mako sharks* and all you lot can catch is a couple of Porgies and some Haddock :yeah::yeah:

* follow this link to read the biggest load of garbage ever spouted in a "newspaper"

http://www.sharktrust.org/sharkforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=830

Despite it being confirmed 100% that is was not shark attacks they are off spouting rubbish again, there is just no educating some people :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Time to get onto the Sunderland echo and send them a press release. What a load of garbage.

I was told last weds about "something sharklike" was scattering shoals of mackrel at seaham harbour and only this morning requested a membership form for the Seaham Boat Club...what happened to public slipways?

dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org