LEEDS LIVERPOOL CANAL

Janet

Hi Janet,

I'm not 100% sure about the day ticket situation at Gargrave but I know that if you are an annual member of Keighley AS you get gratis fishing along pretty much all of the canals entire length by virtual of reciprocal agreements with other clubs. Perhaps this applies to day tickets too. Maybe a phone call to Dave Ward of K.L. Tackle in Keighley will put you right (01535 667574)

Some further info here but the directions are a little bit oversimplified.

BTW There are much better (and quieter) stretches not a million miles from Gargrave - perhaps ask Dave for directions and info on the 'Rhoddondendron (sp?) stretch' between Silsden and Keighley. I haven't fished there for years now; you used to be able to park in a nearby farm for a few pence but had to run the gauntlet of the farm dog but very nice Carp to be had there.

Paul

How is Dave, tell him I said hi!

the keighley book used to give you full acces, but the last I remember (5 years ago admittedly) was that the clubs were taking stretches again, and that the Rhodis were silden star.

dave should know who has the gargrave water, i'm pretty sure though that there's a tackl;e shop in Skipton who will also be able to help and will be nearer for you.

the best fishing though is the chub and pike fishing on the aire, there are some monsters up that way, just ask alan roe.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Phil,

Dave still moans a lot..... :lol: but he's well.

I think you're thinking of Marsden Star. They did control the Rhody stretch but I'd heard that they don't anymore. A nice place to spend a summers afternoon though whoever controls it now.

One day I'm going to buy myself one of those Portabote thingys cos I know just where one of those monster Pike you're talking about in the Aire lies.....I just can't get to her from the bank. She's about the size of a wisened Nile Croc.

Paul

dave should know who has the gargrave water, i'm pretty sure though that there's a tackl;e shop in Skipton who will also be able to

Hi all,

I work in Skipton, but haven't seen a tackle shop. Has one opened recently?

Also the canal in Skipton centre has some good fish in it. Huge shoals of bream 2-3-4lber's and pike to over 20lb.

regards, SpenBeck

Hi all,

I work in Skipton, but haven't seen a tackle shop. Has one opened recently?

Also the canal in Skipton centre has some good fish in it. Huge shoals of bream 2-3-4lber's and pike to over 20lb.

regards, SpenBeck

there used to be a tackle shop in skipton but that closed years ago . Gee Tee tackle shop in Silsden would be able to help , owner is called goeff and his number is 01535 655555 .

One day I'm going to buy myself one of those Portabote thingys cos I know just where one of those monster Pike you're talking about in the Aire lies.....

Do it - go get a boat! We bought an inflatable dinghy and an outboard from Preston Marina, and have had brilliant days on it. It all fits (just!) in the boot of the car, and takes minutes to inflate and get in the water. It's very rigid, and fits three people plus bags etc.

Janet

Paul, dave was always good at telling a poor man's take, but he was always pretty helpful too.

He suffered at the time of the foot and mouth, I was glad he made it through.

I went to Gee Tee a couple of times and founf the guy very helpful for my flyfishing stuff.

It was Marsden Star, glad to hear that we can all fish the rhodys again, some great carp in there.

Best of luck with the big girl, i'll never forget the time i spun the swims behind magnet for the first time.

In 2 hours I had 6 fish on the bank, the smallest went a little over 10 and the largest was just under 20. I never had as many again, but quality takes a bit more patience and planning.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY