The Law Is An Ass

Elton

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4781111.stm

I hate reading stories of people committing serious crimes and then getting away on a technicality. This one takes the biscuit....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I don't know how some lawyers sleep at night. Whether the man was guilty or not, getting someone off on a technicality leaves everyone feeling that justice has not been done. The case against the accused has not been properly examined; the use of this ploy has prevented it. I think the CPS should also take a hard look at how the case was managed. How did they let it get to court without spotting this possibility?

We must remember here that the man accused of this crime is technically not guilty, and would have grounds for legal action were anyone to say otherwise. I'm not sure whether the fact that he has not been named makes any difference to whether it is possible to libel him, but I'd be careful all the same.

Personally, were I falsely accused of such a wicked crime, I would want my name cleared on the grounds of the evidence.

At a pinch, why can't the judge say to the defence - "you choose which version of the law will apply here" ?

Daydreaming, I know, but they get to choose the less severe legislation if they wish, and hopefully justice is done. In fact, where a law is changed in this way why don't the legislators build in something like this? Just to eliminate any grey areas.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I hate reading stories of people committing serious crimes and then getting away on a technicality. This one takes the biscuit....

Unfortunately Elton this is what often happens when legislation is thought up and passed quickly to appease the public. Don't blame the guys lawyer, he is only doing his job. Blame the system that let the bad legislation pass through Parliament.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote