Which Medium Power "Do Everything" Match Rod

Hewey

Hi,

Looking to buy a new match rod, I want one that I can use for "all occasions", that will quite happily cope with small silverfish up to 10LB + carp.

Anyone any ideas or recommendations.

Looked at M.A.P. Ultra 2 medium power float and TF Gear's Starving Whippet 13' Match.

Looking to spend up to £100.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

What about the Normark Crusader 13ft Match my mate Dave at Marsh Tackle, New Romney, is nocking them out at around £50.

Superb rod for the money.

Look at

https://www.marsh-tackle.co.uk/store/produc...at=5&page=3

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Well,, just tried that link so that must have been one hell of a pre christmas if he's still on the lash post christmas, but seriously if that rod is still available at that price then buy it, it's a very good price for a very good rod

I'm also a fan of Harrison GTi float rods. They're built on very high quality British blanks and have excellent actions. You can buy them in a standard finish or have them custom-made, usually at no extra cost.

Different lengths are available, with various models in each of the lengths. For instance there's a spliced tip model for light stick float fishing, a hollow tip model for all round use, plus a power version of the latter for heavier lines.

What's more, few know that the tips are interchangeable! However, unless you bought them all at once you'd have to return the middle section to Harrisons to get an exact fit, or alternatively get your rod builder to order a slightly longer tip section and have this cut this down accordingly.

Now I've retired I'm out of touch with the tackle trade but I believe the 13ft version of these rods is only just above your budget.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I have a 13ft Abu Match Power ( same rod as steve?)and cannot recommend it highly enough- The guide says lines up to 8lb, although I personally never have gone beyond 5lb. I've used it on commercials landing a few double carp with no problems and it also coped fine when trotting for silver fish on both small and medium rivers (wandle & severn)

I paid about Seventy quid for it after it was "most recommended" by Anglers Mail (I think), although I imagine you would be able to pick it up cheaper now

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

Cheers,

Keep the advise coming.

Just looked on Fishingmagic.com, was surprised to see the Shimano Hyperloop 390 FA Match Rod seemed to get good reviews, despite been cheap.

Does anyone know how good or bad this is, only Argos got half price sale on it £22.50, nearly worth buying it to try and keeping it as a "spare".

Hewey

The Hyperloop is a cracking rod and well worth getting at that price.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.